I can understand the criticism for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. A lot of it is utterly valid and somewhat rectified in the director’s cut of the film. Even then it may not be a perfect movie but it is a hell of a lot better than what most people saw at the cinema. The one scene that everyone comes back to in the end though? Martha.
It’s a single scene, that people used to turn a pivotal moment of Batman V Superman into a moment of pure derision and mockery. I don’t think that that particular moment deserves so much scorn, as it’s beautifully handled and makes so much sense on repeated viewings. Superman has been broken, he’s an inch away from a trendy Kryptonite scar and the man of steel isn’t concerned with saving his own life…he just wants his mom to be safe.
Even though they’re worlds apart, there’s a common thread between Batman and Superman: A love for their mothers, a love that proves that they do have some semblance of humanity inside of them. It’s that moment, where Batman realises that he’s the real monster here, that he has gone too far to kill a man who is attempting to redeem himself for the events of the previous film. Powerful stuff when you really analyse it.
And also perfect for some merch. Hot Toys may have rolled out an armoured Batman figure last year, but that collectible sported threads which were pretty much in pristine condition before they were thrown through the Krypton tumble-drier. Check out this more battle-damaged version:
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
The 1/6th scale Armoured Batman (Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Ben Affleck as Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- One (1) battle damaged Batman armoured head with LED light-up right eye (white light, battery operated)
- Approximately 33 cm tall
- Newly improved muscular body with 30 points of articulation
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable armoured hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- Four (4) gesturing right hands
- One (1) left hand for holding weapons
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) meticulously crafted metallic colored Batman armour with battle damage on chest armour, shoulder armour, left forearm armour
- One (1) specially developed Batsuit
- One (1) newly tailored battle damaged black cape
- One (1) utility belt
- One (1) pair of metallic grey boots
- One (1) LED light-up Kryptonite spear
- One (1) grapple gun
- One (1) grenade gun
- Two (2) grenade gun ammos (in closed mode and opened mode)
- Specially designed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice themed figure stand with Armored Batman nameplate and the movie logo
While I would have loved to see an angrier facial expression on this figure that could tie into the Martha scene, I’m digging this redesign. Hot Toys also say that this figure has more movement thanks to a redesigned body, so maybe it’ll actually be possible to pull off some poses this time. Something that their previous Armoured Batman was kind of mostly incapable of.
He’ll be out later this year, for the cool cool price of $265. Why did you say that price?!
Last Updated: July 17, 2017