I’m not going to lie to you: Wearing any Batman armour is a pain in the ass. Michael Keaton 1989 costume or Val Kilmer’s nippleriffic Panther suit? That’s heat-stroke in a rubber body condom. Christian Bale Dark Knight armour with extra neck-turning action? Good luck keep all those bits of gear attached on an itchy mesh suit.
But if there’s one batsuit that looks somehow attainable and comfortable, it has to be the threads from the recent Arkham Knight game starring the caped crusader. Not only can you turn your head in a manner that roughly 80% of all big screen Batmen couldn’t, but it actually allows for some flexibility in your lower body. And that’s massive. You ever tried getting out of car while dressed head to toe in rubber and not having any way whatsoever to turn your neck? Trust me, it’s a nightmare.
But more than that, the Arkham Knight batsuit is one of my favourites in an aesthetic sense. It’s just brilliant stuff, a fusion of man and machine that works. While I don’t have the $1600 I need to afford a UD Replicas version to ride around in on my 110cc PGO PMX scooter, I’d happily settle for this sixth-scale version:
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
The Batman Sixth Scale Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Batman in Batman: Arkham Knight game
- Highly detailed facial expression and skin texture
- One (1) Batman head with patented Interchangeable Faces Technique (IFT) and two (2) interchangeable lower part of faces capturing Batman’s facial expressions (neutral and angry)
- Approximately 33cm tall (Approximately 35cm tall measuring to tips of cowl)
- Newly developed muscular body with over 30 points of articulations
- Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of gripping hands
– One (1) pair of hands for holding Batarang
– One (1) pair of accessories holding hands
- Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) highly detailed and meticulously tailored multi-layer and multi-texture Batsuit (V8.03)
- One (1) black leather-like cape
- One (1) golden color utility belt
- One (1) pair of black gauntlets with silver colored accents
- One (1) pair of black boots with silver colored accents
Weapons and Gadgets:
- Two (2) Batarangs
- One (1) grapnel gun with interchangeable Batclaw and interchangeable part to become a remote electrical charge gun
- One (1) explosive gel
- One (1) disruptor gun
- One (1) freeze grenade
- One (1) line launcher
- One (1) voice synthesizer
- One (1) gauntlet projector screen
- Specially designed figure stand with game logo and backdrop
The price tag for this latest Batman figure? A cool $244.99 from Sideshow, that’s how much. Fun fact: If you play Arkham Knight and you angle Batman just right whenever he communicates with his allies, you can give them bat-ears. That makes me giggle every time.
Last Updated: January 10, 2017
January 11, 2017 at 08:17
Luckily the toy is nothing like the pc version of the game, otherwise it would crumble if you tried to pick it up.