Here at Themovies we’ve been steadily increasing our output to keep all our readers in the loop of all things movies. Of course that has meant no time for sleep, no time to eat and a tyrannical Editor who doesn’t understand the concept of Human Rights. So now we are looking for a few writers who are in love with the movies. We mean it. IN LOVE. As in, if your house is on fire and you have to choose between your Blu-Ray collection or your own children you’ll be grabbing the controller on your way out. So, have a look below and see whether you make the cut!
- Passion for movies and series and all the stuff in between
- Excellent English writing skills
- Experience in writing (we will want examples)
- Able to commit to at least 3 articles/news pieces each week
- Willing to review screenings (Only available in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg)
- Play nice with other writers
- Accept constructive criticism without crying like a baby
- Willing to host movie screening evenings at cinemas
- Help out with competitions
- Understand social media and its uses
- Take the role seriously and help promote the site
- Babysit Trevor when his nurse is on leave
In return you will get:
NOTHING. Jokes. You will get your name out there for the world to laugh at. You’ll have a giant man breathing down your neck who also occasionally stalks you to make sure you write. If you prove yourself committed we will register you with South African media outlets that will allow exclusive access to screenings, events, and the occasional red carpet launch.
So if you are interested in applying send a letter of motivation stating why you are the ONE and why you should join our awesome team. Please also include any writing samples you have (if you don’t I’ll ask you to write a tester piece).
Email to reay.nick @ gmail.com
Last Updated: January 4, 2017