Welcome to The Extras! A daily dose of all the smaller movie related news, clips and just plain cool stuff that you might have missed!
- It was Mother’s Day yesterday, and Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) would like to wish all the moms out there in his own special Merc With a Mouth way!
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) May 10, 2015
- Deadpool wasn’t the only comic book superhero who posted a bold picture this weekend though. Bold? I meant to say “bald” as James McAvoy is finally getting the patented Professor X chrome-dome in X-Men: Apocalypse!
A photo posted by Bryan Singer (@bryanjaysinger) on
- I haven’t been *cough* following The Following since the end of its first season at which point it was already starting to get tedious despite it’s very strong start. And from what I heard about the Kevin Bacon led show’s later seasons it looks like I made the right call. If you were *ahem* following The Following though, then I got some bad news as the network cancellation axe has dropped, with Fox cancelling the show after 3 seasons.
- Brad Bird has been chatting about his movie near-future, including whether or not he’d be up for replacing the sacked Josh Trank on the second Star Wars Anthology film.
“Well Kathy [Kennedy] and I have discussed the possibility of—I mean she’s basically saying this is a very large sandbox and other people can play in it. I was particularly attracted to the idea of picking up and—J.J. [Abrams] got very excited about the notion of shaping the next trilogy, and that idea was interesting to me too. But I kind of—I’m writing a sequel to The Incredibles and I can’t think too much farther beyond that. I have other things I want to do as well.”
And if your ears perked up at the mention of The Incredibles then you’ll be happy to know that Bird has confirmed that the sequel will be his next movie.
“Oh yeah I have pages, a bunch of pages. I had a lot of ideas for the original Incredibles that I didn’t get a chance to use, that I like. I have ideas that I wanted to pursue a little bit and there wasn’t enough time in Incredibles. There are new ideas I have, and I think there are enough of those together to make an interesting movie. I’m just focusing on getting Tomorrowland out into the world and playing with the Incredibles sandbox again.”
- Poster of the Day: London Has Fallen
- I hope you liked Rosario Dawson in Daredevil, because you’re going to be seeing a lot of her (and no, I don’t mean seeing a lot of her like in Trance) as the actress has just signed a deal with Marvel that will see her character Claire Temple aka Night Nurse that will not just see her return in Daredevil‘s second season but also see her popping up in their other Netflix TV series.
- I’m sure I’ve recounted the story on here before of how for a number of my teenage years, I would have recurring dreams of going off on crazy adventures with Jackie Chan. What type of crazy stuff did we get up to? Well, pretty much the type of insanity found in this 27-minute long supercut off all the action superstar’s craziest fight scenes and stunts.
- I don’t know who Jem is and why her friends are Holograms (that sounds kind of sad), but USA Today has released the first official pics from the Jon M. Chu directed adaptation of the 80’s cartoon that I seemingly somehow never watched.
- If you ever doubted that we are truly living in the End Times, then look no further than the news that The Three Stooges is getting a sequel despite it being a painfully unfunny film that made very little money. The only thing more ridiculous than that announcement is the fact this sequel will apparently have more of an action-comedy slant.
- In Game of Thrones, Jon Snow knows nothing. Especially about his mom. Or does he?
- Psst… PSSSSSSTTT!… Over here! Now keep it on the down low, but I know somebody who knows somebody who plays golf with somebody who once sold a newspaper to somebody who tapped somebody’s phone who has managed to get the inside scoop on what Marvel is working on for Phase 4. Yes, I know that Phase 3 hasn’t even started yet, but we know how Marvel like to plan ahead. So far ahead that they’ve actually already made a promo video which has now leaked. Only it seems that Marvel is now really scraping the bottom of that barrel for new movie ideas.
If you have anything you would like to contribute to Extras, whether it be interesting stories, funny videos, or artistic photos of yourself in morally questionable poses, feel free to drop a mail to email@example.com.
Last Updated: May 11, 2015