Welcome to The Extras! A daily dose of all the smaller movie related news, clips and just plain cool stuff that you might have missed!
- Let it never be said, that we’re not true to our name. Because it says ” The Movies” and not “Just a Part of the Movies” up top, I thought I would share this full – yes, FULL! – movie with you today. I stumbled across it while writing an earlier article on The Amazing Spider-Man 3 being delayed, and immediately knew that this was something I had to share! Enjoy!
- Another day, another description of a lead character in Star Wars: Episode VII leaked by Badass Digest. This time around they’re focusing on casting latecomer Gwendoline Christie, who joined the production a few weeks after the central cast was first announced. And once again, I’m not going to spoil the details of the leak here, but there is one revelation that bares sharing (if it’s true, that is). Apparently the role that Christie plays was originally going to go to a man (possibly even Benedict Cumberbatch), but after the uproar created by the dude-heavy first round of casting, JJ Abrams and co decided to switch the non-gender specific role up to a lady and Christie ended up getting it.
If that is indeed true, then I applaud them for responding well to criticism (although they could be criticized for not having just written the role for a lady in the first place).
- I would really love to tell you guys about Chuck Palahniuk’s announcement that he’s writing a ten-issue Fight Club comic book sequel to be illustrated by Cameron Stewart, but you know, First Rule and all that.
- Poster of the day: Guardians of the Galaxy IMAX poster (because I watched the movie last night and I still haven’t come down from the sugar-rush high yet, and the poster is really telling you the truth when it says that you should definitely try and watch this in IMAX 3D).
- Just when you thought it was finally safe to “let it go”, Disney has unveiled that they have a five-year plan for the Frozen franchise. So expect a whole lot more questions about snowman construction from your kids as we’re going to get Frozen ice shows, live events, characters popping up in Once Upon a Time, soundtrack stuff and much, much more.
- According to Dan Aykroyd, Ghostbusters 3 will be in pre-prediction by early next year and “it should be good”. Well, Mr Akroyd, before we make it good, can we just ensure that we actually just make it this time? We’ve been down this rabbit hole too many times already.
- Ever since Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) showed up in Arrow, we knew that he would eventually be going full hero, and adopting his Arsenal persona. And it appeares that that’s exactly what’s happening in Season 3, as this first look at his very, very badass costume shows us.
- Look, it’s inevitable. Eventually the apes are going to take over the world, and we would have to kneel before them. So you may as well get a headstart now already by picking up the Limited Edition Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Blu Ray set, which includes this incredible bust of Ceasar for you to prostrate yourself in front of.
- I know you guys have been losing sleep every night about just what is happening with the Deus Ex movie, right? RIGHT?! Just me then? Well, then in that case, Kervyn, you’ll be happy to know that not only is the feature film adaptation of the “Deus Ex: Human Revolution” videogame still happening (though probably not with Scott Derickson at the helm anymore, as he has some strange business to attend to), but Predators scribe Michael Finch has just been tapped to write the screenplay.
- Holy hell, if Darryn had had these official Star Wars lightsaber toothbrushes as a kid, he probably wouldn’t have the teeth of a tobacco chewing meth-head right now!
- Speaking of cool Star Wars stuff, what do you get the Jedi destroying Sith Lord who has it all? Well besides a living wife? (Too soon?) How about a car modelled after his face?! Yay! Hot Wheels has unveiled a new toy car, inspired by Darth Vader’s iconic helmet, to add to your collections. But that’s not the coolest part, because a life-size, fully function model of this super-cool Vadermobile is on display at Comic-Con as from today!
- It’s been far too long since we had ourselves a good mutant firing around here. And no, I don’t mean we need to get all Salem witch trials up in this place. I am of course referring to Pete Holmes’ hilarious Ex-Men series, the latest entry of which sees his Professor X telepathically kicking that always-dying Jean Grey to the curb!
If you have anything you would like to contribute to Extras, whether it be interesting stories, funny videos, or artistic photos of yourself in morally questionable poses, feel free to drop a mail to [email protected]
Last Updated: July 24, 2014