Welcome to The Extras! A daily dose of all the smaller movie related news, clips and just plain cool stuff that you might have missed!
- And we kick today off with some casting! Now every superhero needs a confidante that they can either nail in the bedroom or at least use a human meat-shield, which is why I’ve sworn off being friends with Kervyn-Man until he can guarantee me that I won’t get more ninja stars in my spine.Superman has Jimmy Olsen, Batman has Commissioner Gordon and now Daredevil has his Foggy Nelson. The man without fear will be doing some legal consulting with Elden Henson in the Netflix series, in a role that Marvel head of television Jeph Loeb described as “one of the most important characters in the world of ‘Marvel’s Daredevil,’ and we’re thrilled to see Foggy Nelson brought to life by such an incredibly talented actor.”
- If there’s one actor who could give Bruce Willis a run for his money when it comes to portraying cops on the big screen, it has to be Benjamin Bratt. The veteran actor has worn a badge more times than an actual law officer, and it looks like the veteran officer will probably be playing to type yet again in Ride Along 2 with Ice Cube and Kevin Hart. Talk about a Bratt in the backseat of the car. Badum tsss!
- Don’t you wish that you could just give some people that you don’t like (cough “Kervyn” cough) a smack upside the head some days? Well if you happen to have such backhanded thoughts and you reckon Chronicle was a waste of time, here’s Max Landis getting donnered 31 times.
- More casting news! Batman v Superman: I’m Not Typing That Silly Title Out is currently filling up faster than a digital line for Foo Fighter tickets, and they’ve just added Scoot “To the Nooch” McNairy to the cast. And no one has any idea what his role in the film will be. Still, McNairy is a hell of an actor, and any role he happens to have in a film, big or small, is worth the price of admission.
- Poster of the day: Terminator 2
- It may be Friday, but the Force is still strong for those of you who have yet to take an early lunch and bugger off for the weekend. Your daily dose of Star Wars rumours is now pointed back at the dark side, with new tidbits popping up as to who the Episode VII cast will be facing off against.
- Here’s a three minute recap to the entire history of Transformers on the big screen. Alternatively, here’s two minutes of explosions. See if you can spot the difference:
- Speaking of Transformers, it looks like the fourth film will make some decent coin at the box office. Why is that? Because it has the touch, it has the poooooower! After all is said and done, that Stan Bush from the classic animated film still remains as one of the catchiest tunes ever used in an animated film. And it has one hell of a weird backstory that goes full circle all the way back to Transformers 4 star Mark Wahlberg.
- Because it’s Friday and I’m a disturbed individual, here are seven GIFs of actress Kiera Knightley dying in her various films.
- It may not have been up to the standard that District 9 was, but hell, I actually quite dug Elysium. Even if it did have a ridiculous lack of scenes about Wikus not turning into a blerry prawn.
Last Updated: June 27, 2014