Wow, what happened? You leave the top 10 house for a few minutes and everything goes crazy. If you were betting on Warcraft and Angry Birds keeping their momentum in the local movie top 10, time to short those wagers and get out of the pool.
Both crashed hard over the weekend, with the orcs and humans plunging four spots and the catapulting birds dropping three. That doesn’t sound so bad, except they made this sudden tumble from the top of the charts.
It’s as if moviegoers were just waiting for something new, and that came in Central Intelligence and Independence Day 2. But it’s not a sterling debut for the ID4 sequel, having to be happy with third spot. If your tentpole CGI extravaganza gets beaten by The Rock making jokes, you are in for a hard ride.
Pixar’s latest hit Finding Dory stayed put at the top and The Conjuring 2 made a surprise leap up by one position. The other solid performer is local movie Mrs. Nice Guy, which only shifted down by a single position.
The Nice Guys and Money Monster are quickly losing their chart resilience and even Now You See Me 2 is sliding down to an exit in about two weeks, if not sooner.
X-Men: Apocalypse and Alice Through The Looking Glass have been kicked out of the top 10, lamenting their status as pointless and forgettable franchise vehicles.
- 01. FINDING DORY (incl 3D & Imax) (LW: 1)
- 02. CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE (NE)
- 03. INDEPENDENCE DAY 2: RESURGENCE (Incl 3D, Imax & 4DX) (NE)
- 04. THE CONJURING 2 (LW: 5)
- 05. NOW YOU SEE ME: THE SECOND ACT (LW: 3)
- 06. WARCRAFT (Incl 3D & Imax) (LW: 2)
- 07. ANGRY BIRDS (Incl 3D) (LW: 4)
- 08. MRS RIGHT GUY (LW: 7)
- 09. THE NICE GUYS (LW: 6)
- 10. MONEY MONSTER (LW: 8)
(LW = Last Week; NE = New Entry)
Last Updated: June 29, 2016