Ready to flex those brains fo yours with a little pop-culture pop-quiz? You aren’t? Tough! This test counts for 50% of your end of year culture mark, so sit down and pay attention!
As usual, we’re going to start things off simple with five easy quotes, then we’re going to crank the dial up by posting five more challenging quotes for you to guess.
Remember, no peeking and no googling. Hajime!
- Dead or alive, you’re coming with me.
- I see dead people.
- My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
- As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.
- Goooooooood morning, Vietnam! Hey, this is not a test! This is rock and roll! Time to rock it from the Delta to the D.M.Z.!
Alright, those are the easy quotes. Time to see just how deep your memory of films really are.
- Klaatu Barada N… Necktie… Neckturn… Nickel… It’s an “N” word, it’s definitely an “N” word! Klaatu… Barada… N… –
- We called him Mother Superior on account of the length of his habit.
- Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?
- We’re going to play a wonderful game called… “Who is my daddy and what does he do?”
- Excuse me… Excuse me… I just wanted to ask a question. What does God need with a starship?
Think you got it? Comment below and I’ll leave the answers here on Monday.
Last Updated: March 23, 2012