Hell! In a cell! The devil’s playground has just wrapped its annual edition over at the Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, Michigan. Here’s all the action that went down within the demonic structure.
- Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin def. The Hype Bros (Kickoff Match)
- The Usos def. The New Day to become new SmackDown Tag Team Champions (Hell in a Cell Match)
- Randy Orton def. Rusev
- Baron Corbin def. AJ Styles and Tye Dillinger to become the new United States Champion
- Charlotte Flair def. SmackDown Women’s Champion Natalya via Disqualification
- “The Fashion Files” returned at WWE Hell in a Cell
- WWE Champion Jinder Mahal def. Shinsuke Nakamura
- Bobby Roode def. Dolph Ziggler
- Kevin Owens defeated Shane McMahon (Hell in a Cell Match)
First up: Bad news fellas. Jinder Mahal is still the champ. Mahal managed to defeated Shinsuke Nakamura in a clean match that was pure in-ring technical skill and haahaaahaa I can’t even type that sentence with a straight face. Singh Brothers, ringside shenanigans and a Khallas finding its mark managed to down the king of strong style.
As for that United States Championship match? What was originally meant to be a one on one between Tye Dillinger and AJ Styles was modified to have Baron Corbin inserted into the bout. The Lone Wolf took advantage of some bedlam in the ring at the end of the match, as Tye Dillinger was pinned thanks to a Phenomenal Forearm finding its mark and Styles being evicted from the ring.
Then there was that main event. Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens inside the unforgiving steel of Hell In A Cell, with falls counting anywhere. The two tore each other apart inside the cage, using the steel to its full advantage as well as a host of other useful tools at ringside and outside of it. The finish came when the fight went to the top of the cell.
Battling on top, Shane eventually got the upper hand and sent Owens crashing into the announce table below, then put him on the next table. The next move was intended to put Owens down for good,as Shane leaped from the top of the cage and found…nothing but table. With a last-minute save by none other than Sami Zayn, Shane came crashing down. Chucking Owens on top of Shane so that he could get the three count, the match was finally over as both men left Hell In A Cell as broken challengers.
Last Updated: October 9, 2017