I’ve got to hand it to Warner Bros Montreal, because releasing the prequel game Arkham Origins was a genius move. A game that was clearly meant to be a lacklustre release, that provided the perfect distraction from what Rocksteady were busy toiling away on. Well played gents, well played.
Batman: Arkham Knight will be skipping last-gen devices for the new-gen shores of the Xbox One and PlaysStation 4 (And PC), but it’ll be worth the upgrade. Because this time, caped crusaders in training get to cruise around Gotham in the infamous Batmobile. It’s the car right? Chicks love the car.
Game Informer revealed those tiny details, as well as a few more thanks to a cover debut last night. Here’s what else the magazine had to say about the game.
- There will be no multiplayer content
- Kevin Conroy may not have been vocally present in Arkham Origins, but he will be slipping his voice back into a polygonal bat-themed vigilante for Arkham Knight. Nolan North, Wally Wigbert, Troy Baker and Tara Strong are also returning to voice characters such as Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face and Harley Quinn
- New year, new-gen. Arkham Knight combat programmer Tim Hanagan says that the move to newer consoles and powerful PCs means that Gotham City will be crawling with enemies, three to four times as many when compared to Arkham City. Expect to bust heads in criminal riots featuring up to fifty thugs on-screen
- Visually, the game won’t stray too far from the roots of the engines that powered previous versions. A “juiced-up version of Rocksteady’s custom modified Unreal engine,” powers the latest Batman adventure
- Arkham Knight isn’t just the title of the game. It’s also the identity of a brand new villain created specially for the game by comic book heavyweight writer Geoff Johns
- Pre-order bonuses include a playable Harley Quinn. Settle down Gavin
Batman: Arkham Knight arrives October 14 this year. And yes, I’m already crying about how complex that new suit looks when it comes to creating a decent cosplay replica.
Last Updated: March 5, 2014