If you want colour, absurd guns and plenty of cannon fodder on which to test a rifle that spews forth a beam of fiery death while adding rockets for good overkill measure, you’d be hard-pressed to find any game that does that ridiculous requirement better than Borderlands 3. Gearbox’s return to Pandora was an absolute hoot this year, and much like the games before it, a quartet of meaty DLC expansions plan to flesh out the experience further. For the right price of course.
The first DLC is coming soon! Called Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot, it’ll feature your favourite Vault Hunter joining Moxxi for a trip into space where you’ll be raiding a seemingly abandoned space station that was once owned by that Handsome Jack fella. Double entendres and wacky hijinks, will most likely ensue. Here’s the first trailer:
And here’s the flavour text of what features you can expect in this expansion!
Moxxi’s recruiting you to seize control of a derelict space station built by the infamous Handsome Jack back when he was still President of the Hyperion corporation. The Handsome Jackpot is quite possibly the gaudiest gambling spot in the galaxy, with neon signs, slot machines, and gold statues all over the place. It’s also crawling with multiple models of deadly Hyperion Loader Bots, as well as lunatic looters who’ve been trapped on board ever since Jack’s death.
But that’s not all:
- Explore a glitzy new galaxy destination packed with unique zones worthy of Handsome Jack’s lavish lifestyle and dirty dealings;
- Join Moxxi’s crew of eccentric characters and pull off the ultimate casino heist in a series of thrilling campaign missions;
- Discover hidden secrets and strange happenings in The Handsome Jackpot via fresh side missions and Crew Challenges;
- Get a blast from Pandora’s past when you battle the Hyperion forces that outlived Handsome Jack, including never-before-seen enemies and larger-than-life bosses;
- Perfect your Vault Hunter’s gear loadout with all-new Legendary weapons and gear;
- Expand your collection of cosmetics with even more customization items, including Vault Hunter heads and skins, weapon trinkets, an ECHO Device skin, and new emotes.
You’ll need to be at least level 13 to tackle this expansion, although anyone who’s rocking a max-level character by now will have dynamically-tuned enemies to deal with so there will be a decent challenge to play through. It’ll be out on December 19, while the next big in-game patch will introduce both Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite, Mayhem 4 challenge modifiers and the following updates:
- All bosses will now have dedicated loot pools so you can more efficiently farm for coveted Legendary items;
- Maximum Bank Space will be upgraded from 50 to 300 slots; as usual, SDUs that boost your bank size can be purchased from Marcus aboard Sanctuary III;
- A Target Dummy wearing a very familiar mask will be installed in Sanctuary III’s shooting range so you can safely test out your weapons;
- New Vending Machines will be deployed across multiple maps;
- Players will notice overall UI performance improvements.
See you in space…sugar.
Last Updated: November 21, 2019