In an ocean of high profile releases, expensive flops and a tsunami of quality indie games, there’s something reassuring about being able to deliver cartoonish levels of violence with an assortment of weapons so deliciously over the top that they’d raise Charlton Heston from his cold dead grave just so that he can nod in approval of seeing Tink heads explode.
Borderlands 3 may have had a rough start, but as of now it’s mechanically sound. The action flows, the character tinkering is amazing when you respec and Mayhem mode is stupidly challenging while being capable of throwing out some amazing loot. That doesn’t mean that the game can’t benefit from a few more fixes, as Gearbox have outlined how they’ll be fine-tuning their loot ‘n shoot extravaganza ahead of the season pass content that’ll flesh out the Vault Hunter story further.
Today’s big patch is the first stab at sanding down some rough edges. With the Bloody Harvest event underway, future patches will have an eye on keeping the game more stable in a November update. There’ll also be a bank expansion that’ll go hand in hand with the Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite content update, doubling the size of the bank that players can stow gear inside of.
Mayhem Mode is also getting an additional level, taking the post-game challenge up to level 4 and testing your ability to highly synergized character builds. The reward for all your deaths and having to listen to all those chirps from the respawn station? Legendary loot that can only be found via that modifier. Gearbox also wants to improve on Mayhem mode, by throwing in more quality of life enhancements such as playlists, more rewards and UI support as they see this mode as being a part of the long game.
For anyone wanting to get their hands on specific loot, November’s patch will also ensure that certain bosses have a loot pool to draw from. There’ll also be additional vending machines added to Athenas, Atlas HQ, Jakobs Estate, Lectra City, Skywell-27, Tazendeer Ruins, The Pyre of Stars, and Voracious Canopy, while an option to skip through cutscenes is also being investigated.
For now though, here’s the long loooooong list of everything that today’s patch has introduced to Borderlands 3:
- Fixed a report bug resulting in a crash while loading into maps
- Fixed a reported audio crash bug
- Fixed a reported crash that occurred for certain users when level transitioning immediately after throwing a longbow grenade
- Fixed a reported rare crash that occurred for certain users after completing missions
- Fixed a reported crash that occurred for certain users when swapping an equipped weapon
- Fixed a reported crash that occurred for certain users when sorting the Mission Log by region
- [Consoles Only] Mayhem mode is now available in True Vault Hunter Mode on Consoles
- [Consoles Only] Added Photo Mode support for Consoles
- [Consoles Only] Added ECHOcast Twitch Extension support for Consoles
- Added new Vault Hunter customizations and trinkets
- Added ability to specify Mayhem Mode while matchmaking
- Adjusted the volume of the 2K and Gearbox logo intro movies
- Addressed reported concern where some players were missing skill points
- Updated gore stump textures for consistency
- [PC Only] Improved reliability of the voice chat system when open and closing the ECHO menu on PC
- [PC Only] Added a modification so typing in text chat no longer prevents players from fast travelling
- Singularity grenades will no longer cause Saurian corpses to float in the air after dying
- Addressed a reported concern that certain players experienced some Visual FX for the side mission “Transaction Packed” before accepting the mission
- Addressed a reported concern that some players experienced Brick getting stuck after chasing enemies off the cliff near Hector’s Lament in The Anvil
- Made a modification where Amber Lamps no longer has a chance to spawn during the “Defend BALEX” objective of “The Family Jewel” mission
- Addressed a reported concern with the Legendary grenade mod Quasar, where it was not counting towards the optional grenade kills objective in Slaughter maps
- [PS4 Only] Addressed a language code issue present in PS4 activity feeds for English
- Addressed a reported concern where users with their region set to Japan were unable to complete the Fast Travel tutorial
- Made a modification so Safe Area Calibration is now saved when relaunching the game
- Camera no longer resets to a random location when using the Reset Camera function in Photo mode
- Photo mode will now force exit when the player is teleported
- Subtitles are now present when joining another player’s game while a cinematic is playing
- Addressed a reported concern where some sounds were quiet or missing for the second player in split screen
- Made various split screen UI fixes
- Fixed a reported UI issue where the Mayhem Modifier menu would sometimes not appear for certain players
- Now consumes 1 ammo instead of 5.
- Addressed a reported bug with “Space-Laser Tag” which prevented some players from progressing to the next objective
- Atomic has been modified to no longer become invincible, as has been reported under certain conditions
- Modified Powerhouse Heavy’s attacks to no longer damage players outside of the intended range
- Addressed a concern that Projected shields were taking too much damage from General Traunt’s attacks
- Fixed the reported floating door frame in the Jakobs Theatre
- Addressed a reported potential progression blocker when Rhy’s talks during “Hostile Takeover”
- Increased checkpoint sizes of New-U stations in multiple locations
- Included a modification so that Zane’s Digi-Clone will no longer spawn into the cage in Slaughterstar 3000
Last Updated: October 25, 2019