The year of Pokémon rolls on! Every month a new legendary will appear, ready to be added to your collection. Last month was the mythical Jiraichi, a light-hearted granter of wishes and one of the cutest pocket monsters in the entire franchise. This month however, Nintendo is going dark. Darker at least, as you’ll be able to grab Darkrai, the “pitch-black” Pokémon.
Here’s the list of moves that the level 100 acquisition will come equipped with:
- Dark Void – Opposing Pokémon are dragged into a world of total darkness that makes them sleep.
- Ominous Wind – The user blasts the target with a gust of repulsive wind. This may also raise all the user’s stats at once.
- Nightmare – A sleeping target sees a nightmare that inflicts some damage every turn.
- Feint Attack – The user approaches the target disarmingly, then throws a sucker punch. This attack never misses.
- This year’s free Pokemon giveaway continues, and now that it’s May, it’s time to add another to your collection.
Darkrai has always been a nightmare (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?) to obtain in the Pokémon games. In the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum generation games, Darkrai could only be found on Newmoon Island when they have the Member Card. Something that was only accessible through a Nintendo event. In every other game since then, you could only grab a Darkrai through an event distribution.
As a pure Dark-type Pokémon, Darkrai may not be the best critter to have in competitive battling, but that alure of a legendary type is just too much. That, and he has a rather spectacular speed stat, surpassed only by fellow dark-type Sneasel when it comes to numbers. You’ll be able to grab Darkrai from BT Games this month. Just go to the counter, and ask them for a code.
For our America and Canadian readers, you’ll need to visit a GameStop or EB Games. The code itself is valid until August 31, which requires you to connect to the Nintendo Network to download the legendary fella. Just go to the Receive gift option in Pokémon X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, input the code and you’re sorted.
The rest of the year is also looking good. Manaphy will be available in June, Shaymin in July and Arceus in August.
Last Updated: May 3, 2016