I’m not ready to give up on Destiny 2 yet. Far from it, I feel more emotionally invested in the series than ever before and I want to see it succeed. I want to see Destiny 2 repeat history and pull another Taken King hail-Mary out of nowhere and rekindle the fire that made it so special in the first place. There’s a lot riding on Destiny 2’s next big expansion, to help propel Bungie’s cosmic opera back into the limelight and keep its fans around for the long run.
Can it succeed? Maybe, because Destiny 2: Forsaken is starting to sound absolutely tantalising. Here’s what we’ve learned from the livestream so far (PS: I’ll be updating this post as new info trickles in, so F5 for more yo).
Tangled Shore zone
- New location in the Reef
- Full of pirates and assassins
- Cayde-6’s prison of the biggest scum in the universe has been busted wide open
- New enemy: The Skorn
- The Skorn’s heaviest hitters are the Barons
- Referred to as The “Reverse Magnificent 7”
- Random rolls are returning
- The aim is to make earning gear more exciting
- “Every drop has the potential to be exciting”
- Mod system
- New weapon type: Bow and arrows
- Bows come in a variety of flavours, that favour long or short-range attacks
- Destiny 1’s weapon system is returning, but with Destiny 2’s idea of equipping the same type of weapons in multiple slots
- Basically, you can have three shotguns equipped if you want
- Called “The Dreaming City”
- Full of secrets to discover and bosses to defeat, this destination also houses the brand-new raid and is the first space designed from the ground up to support endgame content
- Bulk shader deletion coming to Destiny 2 F**ING YES
- Supers are getting revamped with new abilities
- Vault space increasing
- PVPVE mode
- Players can invade the games of other players
- 4 v 4 mode, combines PVE and PVP
- Two teams race to take down as many enemies as possible and then each other
- Each team will work to fill up their energy bank with motes of light.
- When the energy bank is full, the team will be able to summon a tough as nails creature called a prime evil and use that to invade the other team’s space
- Bungie calls the new annual pass system “more of what you want more often”
- The aqcuisition of power, new gear and weapons to collect
- New and returning Exotics
- Endgame challenges
- New pinnacle challenges
- New lore to discover
- New moments of triumph to achieve
- Separate purchase, with three distinct seasons: Penumbra, Joker’s Wild and Black Armory
- Annual Pass will essentially replace the usual DLC episodic release schedule
- It is the year 2 season pass
Moments of Triumph
- Players will have access to a catalogue that’ll inform them which legendary and Exotic weapons that they’ve claimed
- The system will also provide information on how to get new weapons
Last Updated: June 5, 2018
June 5, 2018 at 21:37
Don’t wanna sound like a buzzkill here but apart from that pvepvp thing nothing in that video even remotely peaked my interest.
Will wait for a special on season 2 or maybe just skip and get Division 2 or get disappointing in Anthem.
June 6, 2018 at 00:48
And Destiny will be good again. I was right. Always remember that…. someone tell my ex’s
June 6, 2018 at 09:26
So another R899 for season pass and new expansion…… or if you are new to Destiny and need D2 + alles (R2099) for Bungo to underdeliver again….
Vanilla D2 was bland, boring and let’s be honest 5 steps backwards…
Curse of Osiris…. yeah that abomination
We are listening…. and will fix it, for another expansion price
Then lastly warmind… 2 and half hour campaign, same races, same but different gameplay (one or 2 changes, but overall, same old)
now for the 899, we are getting…. Same races again (maybe a reskin like with Rise of Iron), Destiny 1 randomization of weapons, new supers, 1 4×4 new mode… and promises that they are fixing things… until the roadmap changes suddenly again, and stuff gets pushed out … like last time..