Destiny, a video game which has now finally decided to move away from being a more serious Borderlands, is very much a shoot ‘n loot game. It’s all about your trusty sidearm, the autorifle in your hands or the hand canon which you spend all night oiling and lubing up, sleeping next to it and whispering sweets thoughts into the chamber…
Am I the only one who does that? Please, don’t look at me like that. I ain’t weird. Anyway, The Taken King’s Dreadnaught zone is one filled with various secrets. And chests. Chests containing wonderful loot, waiting for you to unlock them. This year however, there’s an added wrinkle to unlocking a chest, as The Taken King treasures needs more than just a key.
There’s one chest in particular, that’s quite tricky to open, as it asks you for the scent of the worm before it’ll yield any glorious secrets onto your Guardian. So how do you get that unique smell? Here’s a video and a breakdown for you:
- In the Mausoleum, go to the far right side until you reach a room with a small tunnel to the left
- Inside that little room, you’ll find another chest, but that one can wait
- Stay inside the room for around 45 seconds
- After 45 seconds, you’ll have the scent of the worm, and a 60 second countdown
- From there, you need to travel all the way to the other end of the Mausoleum before the timer runs out
- To get across the chasm, whip your Ghost out and look for invisible ledges
- Jump across the ledges, until you get to the platform right at the end on the left
- Run to the chest, and open it up
- You’ll need at least a few seconds left on your scent, in order to open the chest
- And there you go! Nice, shiny new loot!
This worm chest is just one of many. Prepare to shake your fist in righteous indignation at Bungie’s Kojima level of trolling when it comes to opening up the rest of them.
Last Updated: September 18, 2015