Finding exploits in a game, is a game in and of itself. Take Destiny for example, Bungie’s “don’t call it a shooter MMO” title, which comes packaged with new ways to game the experience with each piece of DLC released. The Crota’s End raid happened to have an exploit that allowed players to rack up gear during the end encounter. But as of this week, that little exploit is getting flushed away like a terribly underrated and brilliant movie starring rats.
In addition to Crota’s End getting balanced out, the first Destiny patch of 2015 will also see Nightfall strikes having the chance to at least nine Strang Coins, while new rewards were introduced for the Iron Banner. Here’s the full list of fixes from Bungie:
- Fixed an issue with Ascendant Materials no longer being a possible reward for Daily gold-tier public events
- In addition to other potential rewards, Weekly Nightfall Strikes can now award 9 or more Strange Coins
- Added to the rotation for Control, Clash, and Iron Banner playlists: The Anomaly, Asylum, The Burning Shrine
- Starts 1AM PST, Tuesday, January 13th
- Playlist weapon drops: Level 32 Sniper Rifle, Level 32 Auto Rifle
- Gain event standing to earn Legendary gear: Level 32 Hand Cannon, Level 32 Rocket Launcher, Level 32 Gauntlets, Level 31 Chest
- On the Sniper Rifle, Black Hammer, the Hive Breaker upgrade has been disabled until it is fixed to play nicely with the White Nail upgrade
Vault of Glass
- Exotic weapon drops (though still very infrequent) are now Level 32
- Rewards: treasure chests now contain Radiant Materials.The existing Pit treasure chest reward has moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger
- Pit Encounter: Pillars of Light no longer launch players into the air when they explode
- Bridge Encounter: players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword
- Deathsinger Encounter: fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger. The Deathsinger now has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials
- Crota Encounter: two Sword bearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter. Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits.Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active
There, doesn’t that feel better?
Last Updated: January 13, 2015
January 13, 2015 at 09:05
I have no idea what I just read.