We knew that Dragon Age Inquisition would get a collector’s edition, it was only a matter of time. I love the fetishization of games that happens when we reveal a collector’s edition, and this was is particularly pretty – it even gives you all the tools you need to be a real inquisitor.
Feast your eyes on this glorious bunch of stuff:
There’s a ton in this edition – just check out what’s inside:
- Highly detailed exclusive Inquisitor Collector’s Edition case produced by TriForce measures approximately 8.5″ x 13.5″ x 14.5″ – The case is individually wrapped in faux reptile skin, has the mark of the Inquisitor stamped on top in gold foil, with an interior fitted with imprinted red silk.
- Cloth map of Thedas drawn to scale measuring approximately 22″ x 32″
- 72 card Major and Minor Arcana tarot card deck with custom artwork depicting mythology from Dragon Age lore.
- Inquisitor full scale, six piece, lock tool set
- One set of four full scale map markers each approximately measuring 3.5″ x 3.5″ x 4″
- Inquisitor’s Badge
- Quill and Inkpot
- 40-page Inquisitor’s Journal
- Orlesian Coins
- Limited edition SteelBook case to house your copy of the game
- Copy of Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition
Now remember, that Deluxe Edition of the game also includes the throne made out a dragon skull and the as-yet-unannounced extra digital content. I am itching to get my hands on this collector’s edition; I can actually read tarot cards and I already prefer writing by hand with proper liquid ink. Just imagine the fun I could have with this set. Not that I’d actually use the quill and ink – it would probably go into some form of glorious display case I’d need to buy just to show off all this stuff.
Of course, it boasts quite a heavy price tag, retailing for $170. Considering exchange rate, import costs and mark up we’re looking at… R2000-R2300? Obviously, that’s assuming that it comes to this country. It’s quite a price, but I think I’d have to pre-order this upon arrival. It’s far too impressive to pass up. Take notice publishers, this is what a Collector’s Edition should look like. Oh wait, there’s no figurine. Bah!
Last Updated: May 14, 2014