There’s a new Dragon Ball game out, and it’s actually…pretty damn good! It’s got all the hallmarks of your typical Dragon Ball Z game: Muscles as far as the eye can see, grown men screaming and energy attacks which can level a planet. XenoVerse also has something else of value: Actual Dragon Balls, which can be used to gain new allies and a power up. Getting them on the other hand, can be a mission. But it doesn’t have to be that difficult.
The quickest way to start earning some of those mystical Shenron-summoning orbs, is to hit level 10 as soon as possible. From there, you’ll have access to the Parrallel Quest “Prepare for the attack of the Saiyans”. Hit that mission, and clobber your way through Krillin, Tien and Yamcha as quickly as possible. Ignore the portal that opens and you’ll see a Time Patroller standing in the entrance to Kami’s Lookout, right before you reach the Hyperbolic plot device.
End the fight with a super move, and you should get a Dragon Ball. It may take a few tries to do so, but you can hit the retry option in the menu to do so. Word of warning however: You’ll still need to complete the rest of the Parrallel Quest in order to keep the Dragon Ball you just acquired, as dying will see it vanish from your inventory. GF Laserbolt has a video of the method below, and using it, you should be able to grab all seven Dragon Balls within an hour:
This method also works in the Parrallel Quest “Explosion Of Namek”, with a Time Patroller occasionally showing up once you’ve beaten Frieza. Once you have all seven Dragon Balls, you can make one of the following wishes:
- I want money – Gives you 500 000 Zeni
- I want a rare item – Pretty much what the title says. Get a rare item that is nine times out of ten something cosmetic.
- I want to dress up – New costumes, which can buff your stats considerably.
- I want to get stronger – You’ll receive five Soul Resonance Apparatus, as well as three Soul Spreading Synthetic devices. Mix them, and you’ll be able to craft Z-Souls that will help grow your character.
- I want to grow – Instant level up, but only for one level. Useful at the higher levels of the game.
- I want a new ultimate attack – You can use this wish twice, to get some new moves such as Blitz Hell and Minus Energy Ball.
- I want a new super attack – You can use this wish to get skills such as Flash Bomber, Drain Field, Lightning Ruin and Air Consumption. A second set of wishes will give you Castrol Lightning Dragon Bullets, God Speed Light Bullets, Whirlwind Spin, and the Sleepy Boy Box skills.
- I want more useable characters – With this wish, you can unlock Super Saiyan 4 Gojeta, Super Android 17 and Omega Shenron, in that order. You will need to use this wish three times, for the the strongest characters in the game.
- I want a second chance at life – Completely resets your skill points, allowing you to respec them to your character.
- I want to be drop dead gorgeous – You’ll be allowed to redesign your custom character.
Personally, I’d use the Dragon Balls to wish myself to be several inches taller, but that may be outside of Shenron’s power.
Last Updated: March 3, 2015