There’s no new Battlefield this year, but it’s not as if EA’s premiere wartime shooter is begging for a new chapter so soon after Battlefield V launched. Last year’s chapter in the long-running franchise has been growing at a steady clip, earning a diehard community and evolving with its own take on battle royale in the shape of Firestorm.
Much like previous Battlefield games, that was only a taste of the action still to come. EA and DICE have a massive full frontal assault aimed at player hearts and minds, that’ll see a ton of content rolled out in the months to come. What do the Tides of War still have in store for seasoned soldiers? A whole lot more conflict, as this latest trailer for Battlefield V is looking to forge a path forward and create a new beachhead of fun with maps that’ll create tight new challenges.
Here’s a look at one of the new maps,Marita, that’ll be available in August:
Also coming later this year? A LOT:
- New maps set in the Pacific, including Iwo Jima
- American and Japanese Factions are being added
- M1 Garand rifle confirmed
- New vehicles
- Private games in September
- Max rank increased to 500 from 50
- Al Sundan and Marita in July, Lofoten Island, Provance later this year
- Operation Underground in October
Need more E3 in your life?
Check out our E3 2019 portal
Last Updated: June 8, 2019