EA Hard At Work To Fix Battlefield 3 Online Issues

2 min read
0

BF3fist.jpg

Are you getting annoyed because of online server issues with Battlefield 3? I know I sure am, as just yesterday I lost a total of around 35 ? 40 minutes of playtime, unlocks and level progression thanks to games suddenly losing connection to the server 20 minutes in.

Well, EA say that they are working very hard to get everything in order, especially on the Xbox 360.

EA told Kotaku that:

“We are happy to report that PS3 and PC players experienced server stability all weekend, and Xbox 360 servers are at 95 percent and climbing,”

“We are happy to report that PS3 and PC players experienced server stability all weekend, and Xbox 360 servers are at 95 percent and climbing,”

They then go on to try and explain why they are having issues on the Xbox 360 specifically, saying:

“There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360,”

“It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity. Our Online teams are standing by 24/7, identifying issues and addressing them as they arise. We are gamers, too, and understand how frustrating it is not to be able to play the game without interruption. We appreciate their patience and promise, it will be worth the wait.”

Well, I really hope that they get it sorted soon because when they say that the Xbox 360 servers are on 95%, they obviously mean that 5% of the issues involves matchmaking issues, dropped connectivity and dedicated servers lagging like heck on occasion. Goodness knows what the other 95% would have looked like.

Problems with Origin have also apparently been rectified, with EA saying:

“In the first 48 hours of launch, a small amount of Battlefield 3 PC players using Origin experienced an authentication issue. This is a known issue which has now stabilized. We continue to monitor the situation and are standing by to quickly resolve any future issues that might arise.”

Let this be an example for everyone else: Less time making Facebook-With-Guns and more time spent polishing your game and getting your online service stable, especially when your game is all about online play.

Last Updated: November 1, 2011

Nick De Bruyne

Video games writer, editor and critic since '08. Living and breathing video games, movies and cars since the 80s. Follow me on Twitter if you love tons of gaming talk, and @pennyworthrevs for fun stuff and links.

Check Also

Frostpunk review – Do you want to build a snowman?

Frostpunk in a delightfully grim city builder with gut-wrenching decision making, encapsul…