A brand new patch for Fortnite Battle Royale dropped yesterday, adding two new limited time modes, a new heavy sniper rifle and a few more changes and additions. Unfortunately, the patch seems to have also added an unintended addition: crashes.
Users have reported being booted from the game with an increased frequency since the latest patch. Thankfully it’s something that Epic is aware of, and says a fix is being worked on. Patches for the PC, Mac, Android and PS4 versions have been issued that should reduce the crashing incidences. Switch, Xbox One and iOS players are going to have to wait it out. Other players have reported increased instances of unbearable lag since the update too.
We’re aware of an increase in crashes in Battle Royale since the release of v5.21. We’ve identified the issue and are working towards a fix. We’ll update you once we have more information.https://t.co/3y0X6buriO
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) August 15, 2018
In case you were wondering, here’s what the latest patch added to the Battle Royale:
- Limited Time Mode: Soaring 50s: Summary This mode is a twist on the traditional 50 vs 50 mode, featuring an extra emphasis on mobility. Gliders can be re-deployed when falling from large heights. Additional Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads, and Launch Pads will be spawned throughout the map. Jump in and soar to new heights!
- 50v50 loot, ammo and resource levels
- When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider
- Added Impulse Grenades to chests at double the standard spawn rate
- Added Impulse Grenades to floor loot
- Decreased Spike Trap spawn chances
- Increased Launch Pad & Bounce Pad spawn chances
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are not tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout: In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles. May the best aim win!
- Scoped Assault Rifles have been removed.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle has been added.
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawns reduced by 50%.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
Weapons + Items
- Heavy Sniper added
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These large rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.
- Minigun headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
- Grenades now properly grant progress for the Week 5 Challenge: “Deal damage to players with a Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade.”
Art + Animation
- Cloth physics have been fixed and will now appear properly.
Last Updated: August 16, 2018
August 16, 2018 at 09:31
Heavy Sniper in Save the World is such a fun gun