Evolve, a game which some people must still be playing, is getting a new monster. A badass, acid-spitting web-slinger by the name of the Gorgon. This will be Evolve’s fifth monster since the game launched back in February.
Here’s a list of abilities that the Gorgon brings to the table, via the Evolve forums:
- Traversal: Web Slinging – Gorgon fires a web and slings herself across the map. This ability can be used to attach yourself to a wall to hide from danger or prepare for a sneak attack.
- Ability One: Acid Spit – Deals damage to Hunters and leaves a pool of toxic acid.
- Ability Two: Web Snare – Slows down and disorients Hunters.
- Ability Three: Mimic – Gorgon sends out a bright green, player controlled version of itself that can be detonated to deal massive damage to hunters. Gorgon is vulnerable whilst using this.
- Ability Four: Spider Trap – Gorgon fires a spider-like creature from her abdomen that will trap Hunters and pull them away from their team. Trapped teammates must be rescued by someone by an ally. The spider traps will travel no more than 40 meters when a Hunter is trapped.
As usual, she’ll cost ya a few pennies. The Gorgon can be purchased individually for $9.99, or as part of the second season pass which also includes two new hunters: Lennox and Jack.
I haven’t played Evolve in…ages. It’s a great game, but it pretty much fizzled a week after launch due to several final hiccups here and there. But it’s that damn DLC which was the biggest culprit. Pretty much everything in the game cost you extra, on top of the regular retail price.
And consumers don’t like that. That’s what turns players away from a game. Don’t believe me? Just take a gander at the latest Steam charts for the PC version of the game, where our favourite joke about tens of people playing the game, isn’t that far off.
I wouldn’t be opposed to an Evolve sequel, but man, this predatory DLC has to go the way of the dinosaurs: Screaming in the face of a gigantic space-rock collision extinction event.
Last Updated: October 30, 2015