As far as betas go, Ubisoft’s The Division was a low-fat gluten-free portion of action and dark zone betrayals at the very last minute. It was an absolute tease of what to expect in March, but a tasty tease as well. That being said, the beta could have done with a little bit more content to justify that massive download that it required. Maybe a few more roving gangs of bullet-sponge enemies or just one extra mission to help pad it out.
Good news then folks, as The Division beta part deux is going to correct a few flaws. The patch notes for the next open beta of The Division have gone live, with some promising changes for any fans of the Dark Zone. Here’s a list of the meatier additions:
- New High End weapons available in the Dark Zone
- Refresh rate on Dark Zone chests has been greatly reduced
- Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been significantly increased in number
- Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been buffed slightly
- The Manhunt Timer now pauses instead of refreshing while in combat as a level 5 Rogue
- The Reward for surviving as a Rogue Agent has been increased to 1.5x the kill bounty
- The Health Bar for Agents in the Dark Zone now only turns red when they actually become Rogue
- A new warning icon has been added to indicate an Agent who has shot another player but has not done enough damage to go Rogue
- Dark Zone experience leveling curve has been adjusted slightly
- Disabled the option to transfer Dark Zone brackets as a Rogue (This prevents players using Bracket Transfer as a means to escape after becoming Rogue)
- Removed some ropes that allowed players to reach areas that gave them an unfair advantage
Having some actual danger in the Dark Zone that doesn’t come from your bestie’s rifle, is all I wanted. If you played the first beta, then you most likely spent quite a bit of time running around and finding yourself playing the echo game in the surprisingly empty New York streets. Dark Zones are where you’re supposed to get the best loot in The Division. And having a few bullet-sponges to test them on, makes me a happy agent.
Not going instantly rogue after an errant bullet is let loose is another great fix. Firefights got pretty hectic at times, and I wound up being murdered by a pissed off gang of agents various times when I accidentally went rogue thanks to my pay ‘n spray gun techniques. As for the other changes in the next beta, here’s a big ol’ list for you to wrap your eyes around.
- New Ubisoft Club Action available for participating in the Open Beta unlocking an exclusive reward in-game
- New and improved Tutorial Video
- Tutorial video is now available to view from the Character Select Screen
- Fixed two bugs that allowed players to become invisible to other players
- Fixed an exploit with Ballistic Shield Skill that allowed players to become invincible
- Cheat Detection and Prevention additions and updates
- Fixed mismatch of stats that occurred occasionally between Vendor Inventory and Player Inventory when item purchased
- Adjusted player movement speed while running with a grenade in hand
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused other player’s name and health bar to not be visible in the Dark Zone
- Fixed some Weapon Mods that resulted in incorrect stat values when equipped
- Fixed some weapons that didn’t appear as Contaminated when obtained in the Dark Zone
- Fixed a bug with the Reward Claims Vendor that caused stacks of consumables to be decreased under specific circumstances
- Fixed a bug with stats display not updating when browsing Vendor Inventories
- Fixed a bug that caused continuous vibration under very specific conditions
- Fixed a very rare bug that prevented players from being able to fire or switch their weapons
- Added mission Dialogue lines in Missing Persons: Heather Lau Side Mission
- Several environment fixes to prevent falling through world issues in specific places
- Multiple stability fixes (23 unique crashes fixed)
- Server optimizations and improvements (players will receive less connection errors now)
- Multiple localization fixes and improvements
- Additional polish & bug fixes too numerous to mention!
The open beta kicks off on February 18 for Xbox One players, and 24 hours later for PC and PS4 gamers. It’ll run until February 21.
Last Updated: February 11, 2016