When Codemasters released F1 2010 a short while ago, the game was well received with great scores all over the show.
The celebrations were short lived though, as massive issues with the game started cropping up almost instantly, leading to huge amounts of complaints on the official forums and many players demanding patches as soon as possible.
Codemasters already let us know that a patch was underway to address the issues, and have now essentially given a progress report of the upcoming patch as well as a list of fixes and improvements coming with it.
Hit the jump for all the details.
Here is a snippet of what Community Manager Helios had to say on the forums:
It’s been a while since we last updated on the forthcoming F1 2010 patch so here is where things are at currentlyâ€¦
The team are hard at work, and have been since launch, building the patch. We’ve focussed on both fixes to the game and a number of gameplay improvements based on your feedback. Once the process has finished, we can then release the patch for submission which will take an additional couple of weeks until it is available for release. Here is a quick overview of the main issues which we’re addressing:
1. Corrupt Save Games – We have identified an over-zealous anti-cheating check that manifested as falsely identified corrupt saves, specifically the ones relating to practice and R&D upgrades, the save-games should now load without issue. However if any of you are experiencing corrupt saves outside of this then please continue to send your PS3 save game files to us (Xbox360 & PC saves aren’t of any use to us) and we can test these against the latest patch to see whether all instances of this issue have now been fixed
2. AI not pitting in dry races where a mandatory pit stop was required (20% or more) – This has been fixed.
3. Player held in pit-stop too long – We’ve improved exit logic so that it isn’t too cautious in holding players during a pit-stop.
4. Puncture frequency reduced – The likelihood of players suffering punctures has been reduced.
5. Pit-stop lock-ups – Fixed several instances which caused the pit crew to lock-up and not be able to service the cars.
6. Automatically updating race strategy – Selecting prime tyres from the tyre menu (over default option) now updates the strategy so that the pit-crew assign options during the pit stop as opposed to re-attaching another set of primes (in a dry race of 20% or more).
7. First lap calculates correctly – The lap time for the first lap of the race now calculates correctly, from the lights going out as opposed to the cars crossing the start line.
More information is listed on the official forums, and you can read them all by clicking here.
Last Updated: October 19, 2010