In real life, our resources are limited and valuable. For someone to have the most, someone else has to have the least. Supply and demand is a bugger yo. In Fortnite Battle Royale however, you can grab a fistful of wood (giggle) and other resources with the mere swing of a pickaxe, which in turn can be used to craft a small fortress from which to hide away from the world and I really really hate that one guy who lobbed a grenade into my pillow fortress of solitude.
You ever find yourself with too much wood though (DOUBLE-GIGGLE!)? Ever wish that you could quickly trade it in for some more valuable stone and metal instead? Well good news bucko! The latest Fortnite Battle Royale update has gone live, and it’s now introducing good ol’ vending machines to its systems.
Simply find one of the dozens of vending machines scattered across the island, pop in between 100 to 500 of the material you wish to ditch and hey presto you can grab something else. If you’d like the machines to cycle in some new deals quicker, a good ol’ whack of the pickaxe will help with that because that’s engineering solutions work.
What else is the update tweaking? For anyone who likes to make every shot count, Fortnite guns will now fire with 100% accuracy, provided that said weapon hasn’t been fired in a little while. Here’s the full list of cha-cha-changes on the way:
Weapons and items
- Vending Machines have been added.
- These are found in various locations around the map.
- Each Vending Machine will randomly select a rarity. All items sold will match that rarity.
- Items found in a Common (white) version will cost 100 materials.
- Items found in a Uncommon (green) version will cost 200 materials.
- Items found in a Rare (blue) version will cost 300 materials.
- Items found in a Epic (purple) version will cost 400 materials.
- Items found in a Legendary (gold) version will cost 500 materials.
- Each Vending Machine will sell three items, one for each material type (Wood, Stone, Metal).
- It will cycle through each of the three items on a short timer. To switch items faster, hit the Vending Machine with your Pickaxe.
- There is no purchase limit to the items available.
- Many weapons now have First Shot Accuracy.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Tactical Submachine Gun
- Suppressed Pistol
- Hand Cannon
- Assault Rifle
- Burst Assault Rifle
- When aiming, standing still, and the weapon has not fired recently, the first shot will be 100% accurate.
- When this is active, the aim reticle will be completely closed in to indicate this state.
- Damage fall-off has been adjusted for weapons with First Shot Accuracy.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun and Tactical Submachine Gun
- Fall-off begins at 24 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 35 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 50 meters.
- Pistol and Suppressed Pistol
- Fall-off begins at 28 meters.
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters.
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Revolver and Hand Cannon
- Fall-off begins at 35 meters.
- Damage reduced to 70% at 60 meters.
- Damage reduced to 40% at 85 meters
- Assault Rifle and Burst Assault Rifle
- Fall-off begins at 50 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 75 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 100 meters.
- Headshot damage multiplier reduced to 2x for weapons with First Shot Accuracy (was 2.5x).
- Limited Time Mode: High Explosives v2
- Non-explosive weapons removed.
- Friendly Fire off.
- 1:50 shaved off wait times for first four storms (20s / 30s / 30s / 30s).
- Spawn +50% more consumables.
- Spawn +100% more materials.
- Have a 50% chance of dropping a Legendary Guided Missile.
Floor Loot adjustments
- Materials spawn 60 / 90 / 120 per pickup for wood/stone/metal.
- Materials drop rate increased 50%.
- Ammo drop rate increased 50%.
- Impulse grenade added to floor loot.
- Trap drop rate lowered 50%.
Other loot adjustments:
- Number of rockets found per drop increased (Floor: 4-6 | Chests: 8 | Supply: 12 | Box: 16 | Llama: 20).
- Grenade, Impulse Grenade & Remote Explosive drop rate +100%.
- Bandages drop rate -50%, Med Kit & Slurp drop rate +50%.
- Spike Trap disabled; Launch Pads & Campfires spawn at 1:1 ratio.
- Rocket Launcher drop rate +100%.
- Guided Missile drop rate +100%.
Resource gathering rates adjusted.
- Increased most Wood resource values by about 10%.
- Reduced variance of resources from objects. Was +/- 30%, now +/- 15%.
- This meant that an object with a base 100 resource value could have been anywhere between 70 and 130 resources. Now it would give between 85 and 115.
- This does not affect Limited Time Modes.
But will Fortnite ever succeed in saving that drama for your llama? This is a question that I demand to know the answer to.
Last Updated: April 5, 2018