Some people rely on skill, training and knowing their weapons inside and out when it comes to a game of Fortnite Battle Royale. Me? I rely on a more proven method of semi-success: Screaming at my television, holding down the right trigger and pointing my character in the general vicinity of my target. If it bleeds, we can kill it.
The ol’ pay ‘n spray method has never let me down (six times out of ten, it works ten out of ten times), so long as I’ve had a full clip of ammo in my magazine. That system is about to get an upgrade in Fortnite Battle Royale, as Epic’s free to play kill ‘em all game is adding light-machine guns in its latest patch.
Meanwhile, Save the World mode also gets some LMG fun, albeit with an energy-based Mercury Gun that should have some butter on top of it. Why? Because they both look like fun on a bun. Each gun has a hundred rounds with which you can cut down an entire forest of trees with, and they’ll be joined by plenty of other tweaks ahead of this weekend’s double-XP event.
Here’s the full list of enhancements coming in the 3.5.2 patch:
- Peeking is being reverted back to how it functioned prior to v3.5. This should solve the issue causing players to accidentally shoot their own structures while trying to peek. More info here.
- Limited Time Mode: 50V50 v2
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc.).
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy has red.
- Final storm circle visible on minimap at start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and only land in the final storm circle.
- Added dotted line to map, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
- Bug Fixes + Mode Improvements
- Fixed a bug that created uneven teams where one side could have more than 50 players.
- Downed players lose health more quickly than normal (10 health per tick).
Weapons and Items
- Light Machine Gun added.
- Rare and Epic rarities.
- Can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, and Vending Machines.
- 25 / 26 damage (Rare / Epic).
- 100 round magazine, fires Medium ammo.
- 5 second reload time.
Fortnite 3.5.2 update: Save the World
Missions and systems
- Into the Storm: Encore
- Crank up the Steel Wool and get ready to fight as Lars continues his journey into the storm.
- Complete this new questline to unlock one of the four new Cyberpunk Heroes.
Weapons and items
- Mercury LMG
- Energy assault weapon with a moderate rate of fire and large magazine size.
- Available in the Event Store at 8pm EST on April 18.
Last Updated: April 19, 2018