Unlike some of us here at Lazygamer I am a big fan of CliffyB (check our interview here), yeah he’s arrogant and obnoxious but he’s also an incredible gaming visionary and has put together some of the most memorable games of our time.
Whether you hate him or not doesn’t really change that and with the Gears of War 3 beta now really starting to pick up speed he is even more important. So I decided to go back over his tweets from the last couple of days and pick up some Gears of War 3 tips and tricks that you may not have figured out yet.
You’re going to want to read these because some of them could save your life, or at least take that scumbag who just stuck a chainsaw in your back with you.
- The Digger does in fact go NomNomNom when it’s on its way.
- Lighter guns do not make you run faster, heavy weapons however will make you move slower. So don’t change to the pistol for that big run, it won’t help
- If you are armed with grenades and you get stabbed or chainsawed you can hit RT to detonate them and take the guy with you.
- In Checkout that annoying alarm that you sometimes hear is when a secret weapon has been spawned.
And then some other tips that have come in via different sources
- Don’t get to stuck on the shotgun as the rifles power has also been increased and are great at medium distance.
- Press A to leap over a small wall and kick the player on the other side.
- You can kill the chickens that you see running around, not sure why though
- Don’t forget that the environment is partially destructible, so you can still get that guy hiding behind the concrete pillar.
- A charging retro lancer can be stoppedâ€¦ just kill him before he gets to you
- In Checkout if you can hold the raised area across from the Mulcher you can dominate the stage.
- Use the left stick to spot players for your team mates (push it down)
- The Hammerburst has iron sights, push the right stick down
- Hold down the left bumper to see an outline of your team mates through the walls
- Hold X to reload, tap it to revive someone.
- And seriously people, aim for the head.
That’s it for the tips that I have seen so far, if you have any please leave them in the comments and I’ll try collate them.
Oh and if you were wondering how many ribbons you can receive at the end of the game, well here’s your list thanks to GOWPortal
Assisted 5 kills in a round
Always remember your first
Welcome to versus, complete one VS match
Highest points scored in one match
Never had a chance
Won every round in a match
Never captured when playing as leader
Caputred the enemy leader
Revived 5 teammates in a round
Spent the most time in cover
Last Man Out
Last man standing on your team
Won a sudden death showdown
Earned the first kill of the round
Killed multiple opponents with one grenade
Not so fast
Killed an opponent that is executing a teammate.
Headshot an opponent with a meatshield
Kill your nemesis.
Death from beyond
Killed an oponent after you have died.
Killed 25 opponents without dying.
Killed 20 opponents without dying.
Killed 15 opponents without dying.
Killed 10 opponents without dying.
Killed 5 opponents without dying.
5 kills stolen by others in a round.
Chainsawed 3 victims in a row.
Retro charged 3 victims in a row.
First to die in a round.
Lead by Example
Killed 5 opponents as the leader in a round.
Want Something Done
Captured the enemy leader when playing as the leader.
Only player on your team to die in a round.
Most revives in a match
Pick up Artist
Most revives in a match
Final Kill of the Match.
Coup de Grace
Final kill with an execution
5 enemies spotted ending in a kill.
Killed an opponent after being grenade tagged.
Top of the Hill
Killed 5 opponents from inside the ring.
Broke opposing ring 3 times in a round.
Won a round of KOTH by shutting out the opposing team.
Killed multiple opponents with a single mortar shot
Killed multiple opponents with a single boomshot shot.
Killed multiple opponents with a single Sawed-off shotgun shot.
Stopped a Retro charge with the Sawed-off shotgun.
Death from below
Killed an opponent with a grenade while downed.
Killed a roadie running opponent with a headshot.
Killed an evading opponent with a headshot.
Killed an opponent that is 50 levels above you.
Killed an opponent that is 25 levels above you.
Revived yourself twice in a round.
Captured a ring 3 times in a round.
Killed an opponent with their own planted grenade.
Grenade tagged a Retro charging opponent.
Scored 3 headshots in a row without dying.
Two quick kills in a row.
Four quick kills in a row.
Five quick kills in a row.
First to fight
First kill in every round of a match.
Final kill in every round of a match.
Five executions in a round.
More kills than deaths in a match.
highest K/D ratio in a match.
Fewest Deaths in a match.
Most deaths in a match.
Most executions in a match.
Killed same opponent three times.
One Torque Bow headshot leading to a double kill
Boomshot kill from over 200 feet.
Killed 3 or more as last man standing to win the round.
Most leader rescues in a match.
Eye on the prize
Most points earned in the ring.
Least damage taken in a match
Most melee hits in a match
Spray and Pray
Most blindfire kills in a match
Most headshot kills in a match
Most headshot deaths in a match.
Most grenade kills in a match.
Most pistol kills in a match.
Most perfect Active Reloads in a match.
Most revived players in a match.
Most time down but not out in a match.
Killed an opponent with a smoke grenade
Last Updated: April 19, 2011