Lots and lots of Halo Reach news today! The first, and probably most important bit of news for fans is confirmation from bungie that the game has gone gold. That’s right, bungie’s final(?) Halo game is finished. â€œAssuming things go well in certification, that means the only things standing between you all and Reach are the manufacturing process and shipping the discs to stores,â€ said Joseph Tung on the game’s official blog.
The next important bit of Halo Reach news is that bungie have confirmed they’ll be punishing habitual ragequitters. â€œI think one of the new things people will be excited about is how we’re going to be able to penalise people who are habitually quitting out of games, which isn’t exactly cheating, but it creates a really negative experience for everybody else in the game,â€œ mused bungie’s Brian Jarrard.
â€œWe actually have new tools now to detect that and eventually, people who do this habitually will actually be penalised. We want to be able to remove them from the population so they can’t make everyone else keep having a bad time.â€
The last bit of news? The games achievements have been outed, all of which you’ll find after the jump. Might be be a spoiler or two though – so if you want to keep your experience clean, you may want to skip it.
In the latest bungie weekly update, the devs have revealed all of the achievements, as well as the conditions necessary to earn them.
Click the picture to embiggen!
And this is how you bag â€˜em:
1. Completed the Campaign on Normal difficulty.
2. Completed the Campaign on Heroic difficulty.
3. Completed the Campaign on Legendary difficulty.
4. Completed every mission in Halo: Reach alone, on Legendary.
5. Completed the 2nd mission on Normal or harder.
6. Completed the 3rd mission on Normal or harder.
7. Completed the 4th mission on Normal or harder.
8. Completed the 5th mission on Normal or harder.
9. Completed the 6th mission on Normal or harder.
10. Completed the 7th mission on Normal or harder.
11. Completed the 8th mission on Normal or harder.
12. Completed the 9th mission on Normal or harder.
13. Completed the 10th mission on Normal or harder.
14. Cleared the 2nd mission without setting foot in a drivable vehicle.
15. Killed 2 vehicles at once with the Target Locator in the 3rd mission.
16. Hijacked a Banshee during the Reach Campaign.
17. Killed the Elite Zealot before he escaped during the 5th mission.
18. Performed an Assassination against an Elite to survive a fall that would’ve been fatal.
19. Destroyed the Corvette’s engines & escort in under 3 minutes in the 6th mission on Heroic or harder.
20. Finished the 9th mission on Legendary with the Scorpion intact.
21. Earned a Triple Kill while Jetpacking in Campaign, Firefight or Matchmaking.
22. Killed 7 Moa during the 2nd mission of the Campaign.
23. Killed 3 of the anti-aircraft batteries during the 8th mission.
24. Used a Health Pack to replenish life after taking body damage.
25. Performed an Assassination on an enemy.
26. Killed 10 enemies in a Firefight or Campaign session with the M6G pistol.
27. Killed 10 enemies in a Firefight or Campaign session with the DMR.
28. Traded weapons with an AI ally in Campaign.
29. Killed 10 enemies in Firefight or Campaign with a supercombine explosion.
30. Let a teammate spawn on you 5 times in an Invasion Matchmaking game.
31. Earned a First Strike Medal in a Matchmaking game.
32. Won a game of Invasion in the 1st phase.
33. Earned a Killing Spree in multiplayer Matchmaking.
34. Earned a Killionaire medal in Firefight.
35. As an Elite, killed 5 Spartan players in Matchmaking.
36. Scored 15,000 points in Score Attack Firefight Matchmaking.
37. Scored 50,000 points in a Firefight game.
38. Scored 200,000 points in a Firefight game.
39. Scored 1,000,000 points in a Firefight game.
40. Completed a Firefight set on Legendary without dying.
41. Purchased an item from the Armory that required the rank of Lt. Colonel.
42. Reached the rank of Corporal in the UNSC.
43. Reached the rank of Captain in the UNSC.
44. Used the File Browser to upload a file to your File Share.
45. Completed all of the Daily Challenges in a given day.
46. Purchased an item from the Armory.
47. Recommended a file to someone.
48. Advanced a Commendation to a Silver state.
49. Completed a Weekly Challenge.
Last Updated: August 2, 2010