Man, patches are HAWT right now. So much so in fact, that we’re debating adding a new award category at the end of the year to celebrate the best patch released in 2014. With that being said, Halo: The Master Chief Collection may just have one of the more highly anticipated patches, which lands tomorrow to finish the fight.
According to Halo Waypoint, the new patch will drop in tomorrow on November 20, sometime in the afternoon. It’ll be sorting through more issues that the 15gb patch missed out on, including campaign bugs throughout all four bugs. But the more pertinent fixes, will be to the matchmaking section of Halo. Full list of fixes, below:
- Addressed a number of issues that resulted in extended matchmaking times and low matchmaking success rates.
- Made a number of updates to how matchmaking progress is communicated to the player. With this update, you’ll see better, more frequent and more informative status updates throughout the matchmaking flow – so “Players Found” for example, will be displayed to let players know where they are in the matchmaking process instead of simply wondering if it’s going to connect.
- The improved matchmaking flow is as follows:
– Searching for more players
– Players found
– Finalizing matchmaking process
– Connecting session
- Made an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report
- Prevented the ability for players “kick” other players from matchmaking games
- Made an update to ensure that the Roster correctly displays the “searching” UI rather than “My Game Session” while searching for players
- Removed the possibility to boost ranking through a custom games exploit
- Made an update to ensure that players cannot get stuck in the matchmaking screen during map voting
- Made an update to ensure that the “Connecting to your game” message no longer incorrectly displays in the lower right of the screen during gameplay
- Made an update to the “team creation” phase that allows players to be grouped by team
- Made an update to prevent players from seeing the “connection failed” dialogue if disconnected during the map voting screen
- Improved roster / matchmaking lobby stability
- Made improvements to the accuracy and stability of the “Game Session Details” UI
- Improved version compatibility
Don’t forget to cast your vote for the patch of the year, and you too could be flown up to the Lost City in December 2014 for the first ever Patchies award show*, sponsored by Chappies and any ISP which offers terrible rates on data top-ups.
*Disclaimer: We don’t have a budget for this, so entire award show may take place in dodgy alley behind a Wimpy.
Last Updated: November 20, 2014