Been a tad wary of getting into GTA Online? I don’t blame you. It’s been a clusterf$#k since day one for that service, with players losing items, characters and progression depending on which direction the wind was blowing. There’s a new patch out for the game though. Here’s what it will supposedly fix for you.
According to Rockstar, these are the issues that have been sorted:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
We apologize for the problems some players have been experiencing with lost characters or game progress due to this issue – please stay tuned for updates as we continue to investigate this.
In the meantime, please always remember to save your game before leaving GTA Online, otherwise you may lose any progress since your last save – this can be done by exiting back to Single Player through the pause menu. Until downloading the title update above and in order to minimize the chances of any further data loss, if at any point you receive the message "Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable", please do not either select the "Retry" option or create a temporary Character to play GTA Online. Instead, you should exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the menu in Story Mode.
I’ve had little to no problems with GTA Online myself, but I’m one of the few that got off easy. I know a bunch of you are pissed off with Rockstar for the buggy start to the service. And quite frankly, you’ve got every right to be.
Last Updated: October 10, 2013