It may not be as broken as that other open world Ubisoft game, but that doesn’t mean it’s free from issues. Far Cry 4 is out, and it has a few problems. – particularly on the PlayStation 3 and a PC. Ubisoft is aware of them, and plans to fix them all in the next update. Here’s what you can expect from the next major update.
It’s easy to see why the PlayStation 4 was apparently the platform favoured for reviews – because it’s the one with least issues. Here’s a great big list of changes coming to the other versions.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete the weapons collection even if they purchased every weapon (including main and side quests).
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from accessing the Main Menu if they accepted a game invite from an inactive profile.
- The correct error message is now displayed when the user tries to access the Options menu while paused when they are attempting to download a map while there is no connection to the Ubisoft servers.
- The player will now return to the Main Menu if connection to Xbox Live is lost due to a disconnect during a host migration.
- Users will no longer become stuck in an infinite loading loop if they attempt to change profiles while exiting a PvP session.
- Players will now receive an error message if they are on a content restricted subaccount if they accepted a game invite while they were offline.
- Players will no longer become stuck if they accept an invite while saving in the In-Game Editor.
- NVIDIA HairWorks fully enabled for GeForce GTX gamers.
PVP + Co-Op
- The game will no longer freeze if a player accepts a Co-Op invite while in the Uplay App after quickly selecting a storage device.
- Players will no longer experience very low FPS if they join a friend in a PvP lobbly while in the Uplay browser.
- The game will no longer remain on a black screen if they use the Fast Travel feature immediately after the Bell Tower unlock cinematic.
- Resolved certain issues that prevented a player from returning to the Story Mode from the Co-Op tab.
- Players will now be able to achieve 100% progression if they do not drive a snowmobile when the vehicle is available.
- Players will now be able to reach 100% progression after the “Day 1? Patch is applied.
- Corrected an issue where Trophies would not be rewarded for several weapons.
- The player will now hear ambient sound if they return tot he Main Menu from the Uplay App.
It’s worth noting that for PlayStation3 players without an internet connection, Far Cry 4 has some issues that can render the game wholly unplayable, with an oft-reported “Fatal Error”. It’s a pity that there are these sorts of issues, because Far Cry 4 is a resounding amount of fun and I think in this era of DLC, and patches and microtransactions and broken games, we’re forgetting that games are meant to be all about fun.
Last Updated: November 20, 2014