Chances are that you’re going to find yourself on the receiving end of a lot of punishment in The Division 2. Bullets are bastards like that. But what if you could finish a fight before it even started? That’s what sniper rifles are for in the game, as there ain’t nothing like a well-placed shot from miles away. There’s no shortage of these wonderful marksman rifles within Washington, with the majority of them boasting that utterly satisfying click-clack of a bullet loaded into a chamber and the resulting ejection of the cylinder that just barfed hot death into somebody’s skull.
So which is the best gun for headshots in The Division 2? If you’re a connoisseur of long-distance bullet trajectories, then the Nemesis is probably high on your agenda. Here’s what it brings to the sniper nest:
Erm…wait hang on. See here’s the catch. Obtaining the Nemesis requires doing some time-gated activities, as the gun is technically available in The Division 2 but also kind of not. Here’s how the quest line works:
- Your game needs to have reached World Tier 5, which can be done by completing the Tidal Basin stronghold
- You’ll need to clear three of the new Invaded Missions, which will then unlock the Capitol Basin stronghold
- Complete that stronghold, replay the Tidal Basin stronghold at any difficulty level, up to the point where Manny Ortega tasks you with patching ISAC into a laptop
- Go upstairs to the room filled with bunkbeds to find the Black Tusk keycard needed for this step
- Once you reach the hovercraft cargo bay, fight through and take a left instead of a right turn to head through a door
- Open the locked door with the Black Tusk keycard
- Inside the room is a weapons crate with the Adrestia SR-1 high-end marksman rifle
- You’ll need to dismantle this (sob) so that you can grab the Marksman Rifle: Scope – The Tally component
- Next, you’ll need to kill three people so that you can get the Klutz, Shorty, and Prime components
- Each of these components can be found on a Black Tusk boss
- Which means playing the Capitol Building Stronghold again so that you can tangle with Prime, who’ll drop the Marksman Rifle: Barrel – The Scourge component
- To grab the Marksman Rifle: Bolt component, you’ll need to defeat Shorty in the Roosevelt Island stronghold.
- As for Klutz, he can be found the invaded District Union Arena stronghold and he’ll drop the the Marksman Rifle: Stock – The Bridle component on his death
- Here’s the catch: These strongholds will only unlock in the days that are still to come, with invaded strongholds being on a rotation
And there you go! That’s how you can get the Nemesis marksman rifle in The Division 2…eventually.
Last Updated: April 10, 2019
April 11, 2019 at 07:01
Too late as the rotation happens today I believe.
April 11, 2019 at 10:16
I’m all about this!