In the early stages of Red Dead Redemption 2, cash ain’t exactly easy to earn, let alone keep. Guns cost money, Arthur needs food and clean clothes if he wants to stay a step ahead of the Pinkertons and life on the run isn’t cheap. Now there are plenty of ways to keep your pockets full, from activities such as bounty hunting to more noble endeavours such as hunting for game and selling their pelts.
Heck, you can even be an outlaw and rob trains if the fancy strikes you. There is another easier way however, one that makes full use of a glitch in the game to earn you maximum cash real fast. Here’s how it works:
- Go to the abandoned town of Limpany, which lies just North of Flatneck Station (see map above)
- Go to the Sherriff’s office
- Under the Sherriff’s desk is a lock box
- Open the box
- Inside is a gold bar
- As you interact with it to pick it up, pause the game at the exact moment that Arthur crouches
- In the menu, go to Story and save your game
- Now load that game
- Travel back to Limpany and to the sheriff’s office
- You can now pick up as many gold bars as you want, with the game limiting you to carrying 30 at a time
- Profit! Lots of it!
With each gold bar being worth $500, that makes for $15 000 a pop every time you visit a fence. Not too shabby, although I wouldn’t expect to see this glitch last much longer as a patch is no doubt imminent from Rockstar Games. Now if only this worked in real life, because then I’d finally be able to afford an Xbox One X that would allow me to replay the glorious game in even more glorious native 4K resolution.
Hey, a fella has to dream.
Last Updated: October 30, 2018