This year’s DOOM is arguably one of the best games released this year. Or at least, its single player campaign was. Managing to be both modern and true to its roots, DOOM is an amazing game – and it’s one that id has supported exceptionally well since release.
In addition to paid DLC, the game has been home to four free content updates. And now its received its fifth major content update. It adds a few new features, like bots in multiplayer and a new game mode called Infernal run, that’s a bit like DOOM football.
According to reports, it also removes the Denuvo DRM on the PC version of the game. Denuvo has probably done its job in protecting the game from piracy in its launch months. A few semi effective cracks for the game were released earlier this year – but I think we’re passed the early sales period now.
As a warning, it is a pretty damned large update – clocking in at a hefty 29GB on the PS4. It clocks in at a still huge, but more manageable 11.9 GB on PC – but it brings the install size up to just under 80GB.
- Added new game mode, Infernal Run
Teams fight to obtain the ball and score in the opponent’s goal
- Added Bots for multiplayer
Bots are available on original multiplayer maps in Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch game modes
- Increased the maximum level cap to Echelon 11, level 50
Added the DOOM Marine Armor (Praetor Suit) as unlockable perk for achieving maximum multiplayer level cap
- Resolved an issue where rapid controller input caused unusually high shotgun damage.
- You can now play as the DOOM Marine in Praetor Suit Armor
- Added over 30 Lazarus Lab–themed modules
- Added Lazarus Lab–themed props
- Improved Object Limits
- Persistent Integer variables that can be passed between missions within a campaign
- Save and restore your health/armor/ammo/weapons/equipment/max weapon slots/inventory
- Added the ability to Get and Set Score
- You can now access the Leaderboard Score in the HUD
- Added new (first-person view) Player Camera Entity
- Added camera rumble FX and sounds
- Added new player modifiers
- Ledge grab time, power-up time, barrel damage, equipment cool down
- Plasma weapon mastery
- Additional single-player Interactables
- New single-player styled Objective HUD
- Added single-player Compass
- General single-player consistency pass on HUD
- Added more POI options
- Show distance, show on compass
- Updated victory and post-match summary screens
- More interactable and customizable GUI
- Added animated Echo Events
- Added new FX/hazards
- Added % encounter complete listener to encounters
- Ability to remove AI from finished encounters and events
- Ability to remove unspawned AI from the AIC
- Added ability to turn off bobbing on pickups to place them however you want
- Editor improvement to hide/show types of objects
- Editor improvement to lock rotation when moving objects
- Editor improvement to disable snapping of objects to the floor
- Added armor Customizations and Taunts
Last Updated: December 8, 2016
December 8, 2016 at 09:10
This is why I had to uninstall this game from my PS4. Huge updates! My lowly internet connection simply cannot handle them.