Seems the eruption of 200 years dormant Icelandic volcano EyjafjallajÃ¶kull has done more than just keep tourists and business people from entering or exiting Europe – It’s now affecting our favourite hobby.
No, not macramÃ©, you pansy! Video gaming! Seems the billowing ash that’s keeping planes grounded is preventing the planes carrying some anticipated video games on the European mainland – and off of local store shelves.
We’re scrambling trying to get a list of titles confirmed to be delayed – but until aviation folk know more, getting exact release dates will be tricky. Titles known to be delayed at the moment are:
- Dead to Rights – Originally scheduled to release this Friday 23 April, ETA now unknown
- God of War Collections – Originally scheduled to release this Monday 26th, ETA now unknown
- Scene it? Twilight – Scheduled for this month, ETA now unknown
- Fifa World Cup 2010 – Scheduled for 30 April, Â now expected 1st week of Â May
- Nier – Scheduled for 1st week of Â May, now ETA unknown
- Iron Man 2 – ETA unknown
- Super street Fighter IV – Scheduled for 1st week of Â May, now ETA unknown
- Skate 3 – Scheduled for Â May14 , now ETA unknown
The big travesty here, obviously, is that people won’t get to collect their pre-orders of Scene It? Twilight on time. We’ll keep you updated if any other major releases are threatened by the Volcano of Doom.
Last Updated: April 20, 2010