Riot tend to release a brand new champion for League of Legends every two months or so. This year for example, shows a clear pattern. We got Jhin in January, Aurelion Sol in March, Taliyah in May, and Kled in July.
With this in mind, it seems pretty logical to expect somebody new in Summoner’s Rift this month, right? Who we’ll get (if anyone) remains a mystery.
A clue may have just surfaced though thanks to the latest League of Legends Public Beta Environment update (via The Rift Herald). It contains the usual bits and pieces, such as balance changes and additional splash art, but also, mysterious new voice lines. Take a listen…
Here they all are, in case you can’t watch the video above:
- “Poor Gromp … he was a prince among toads”
- “You will be missed old friend, warts and all!”
- “Goodbye Gromp, or as you would say, ribbit”
- “Hop to the lilypad in the sky, old friend”
- “Wait til you see Daisy’s dance moves!”
- “Everyone wins in a dance-off”
- “Next time, more petting and less stabbing”
- “A tragic end for such a noble friend”
- “Can I cut in? Yes? No. I’ll…I’ll come back later”
- “Why kill when you can simply ask?”
- “What a shame. He could have been a mountain.”
- “How can anyone kill someone as cuddly as Krugs?”
- “Farewell Krugs, I shall miss our long talks.”
These new lines are triggered by the various neutral creeps. If this voice is indeed tied to a new champion, it’s seems obvious to me that they’ll be a jungler.
This is all pure speculation though. For all we know, the above could be merely tied to some alternate champion skin, or something else entirely for that matter.
Based on Riot’s previous champion release patterns however, I’d like to think that there’s somebody new on the way. I’m sure we won’t have to wait too long to find out whether that’s the case or not.
Last Updated: September 1, 2016