Tripwire Interactive today announced that its highly successful co-op sci-fi horror FPS game, KILLING FLOOR 2, will be officially launching globally on November 18, 2016 for the PC platform and the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system.
Having played Left 4 Dead 2 last night (for the first time in years I might add), this news couldn’t have come at a better time. If my recent bout of zombie slaying has taught me anything, it’s that I have a distinct lack of modern mindless shooters in my life at the moment. Killing Floor 2 would solve that problem quite nicely.
I mean, just take a look at these key features. What’s not to like?
- Visceral Gore – KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb.
- 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone.
- 12 Player PvP Versus Survival Game Mode – Be the Zed! A 12 player PvP mode where two teams take turns playing Humans vs. Zeds in a pair of short matches. In the first match, one team plays Humans and the other Zeds until the humans all die during a single round or they beat the boss. For the second match the teams switch sides and when the battle is completed both teams receive a score based on their performance and the higher score wins!
- Terrifying Zeds – New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels.
- Unique Blend Of Weaponry – From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer.
- Expanded Perk System – Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones.
- Brutal Melee Combat – KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds.
The bullet point that catches my eye first is that new PvP mode. Some of my best gaming memories spawned from Left 4 Dead’s own versus offering, which was a 4 v 4 affair. Something a little bigger, 6 v 6, with more depth (the inclusion of perks for example) sounds enticing as hell. It’s the sort of thing that can make or break friendships!
Yeah, I think I am definitely going to grab Killing Floor 2 when it launches in November. It’s not even that expensive – it costs just R319 on Steam! What about you? Will you be getting it too?
Last Updated: August 15, 2016