I bought Fallout 4 for PlayStation 4, lured in by the promise of impending mod support, and supposedly better performance than the Xbox One version. Before you harp on about the PC version having both of those things, realise that I have a kid who likes to play these sorts of games too, and the room in which my PC is housed is my personal sanctuary.
Anyway, neither of the two reasons I opted for the PS4 version really panned out. In some ways, the PS4 version ran worse, and then Bethesda and Sony had a fight over tech stuff and PS4 mod support was scrapped.
Thankfully, Sony and Bethesda made up, and mods are back on track for the PS4 version of Fallout 4 – even though they’ve been on the Xbox One for months. Admittedly, mod support on the Ps4 is limited, with there being no way to upload new assets or audio, instead relying on things fund within the base game. Pity. But it’s something, right? Anyway, they’re still not available for the PS4, but it looks like they’ll be coming along soon.
The patch bringing mod support to the PS4 version of Fallout 4 is in certification with Sony – and should be rolling out in the next few days.
- Fixed an issue in which some sound effects would not persist after reloading in an area
- Resolved an occasional crash when exiting to the Main Menu, and trying to start a New Game
- Fixed an issues with spaces in Mods search queries
- Cannot rate “WIP” Work in Progress Mods, and Mods can now only be rated after they have been downloaded
- Doubled the amount of browse-able tiles in the Mods menu
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when a Mod had an unexpected data structure
- Fixed an issue in which Library and/or Favorite Mods categories would not display correctly in specific situations
- Fixed an issue in which some Mods images would not load when scrolling quickly
- A Sentry Bot firing dual Gatling Lasers will no longer cause the audio to cut out
On top of that, mods are already starting to populate the PS4’s workshop. You can take a look at them here. Remember though that loading up mods disables trophies and achievements.
Last Updated: November 8, 2016