Last week Natus Vincere announced they were disbanding their Dota 2 roster after their poor performances in both the Dota 2 International as well as the New York ESL One Major. Na’vi have been the poster boys for CIS Dota 2 since the beginning, and it was quite a heartbreaking ordeal for some fans. But now Na’vi are back, and they’ve already named two of their new core members.
In a press release Na’vi announced that former members Danil “Dendi” Ishutin and Akbar “SoNNeikO” Butaev will return to Na’vi to form the new roster. The press releases continues as it now appoints both Dendi and SoNNeikO as talent selectors for the new squad, who will try out new members and combinations. After a few weeks of practice Na’vi will announce those players who are on probation.
“We are glad to announce that Danil and Akbar will become the core of our renewed team. We are sure that their talent, energy and aspiration to work will contribute to the achievement of the set goals. Meanwhile we continue working to determine the players, who will join us in the near future. Stay tuned!” –Igor “caff” Sydorenko, COO of Natus Vincere
Fans are already speculating that Na’vi may see the return of Puppey, since the Team Secret hype is dead. Funn1k is also an option, and ArtStyle, but these are just fan speculations for now.
The XBOCT Conspiracy
Since the day Natus Vincere lost the International 2013 I said, and protested, that Na’vi need to get rid of XBOCT (their carry player). He continued to be mediocre with small moments of greatness, but not enough, through the rest of his time at Na’vi – and now they had to kick the entire team just to get rid of him. Why? Because he was good friends with the owner of Na’vi. This is what was said among certain circles, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it were true.
Needless to say I am glad Na’vi are reforming their roster, and I really hope they can return to former glory with their new roster. We will keep you updated as the story progresses.
Last Updated: October 21, 2015