Gaming may be more social than ever before, but I still hate all of humanity and prefer to avoid you all but I enjoy my single-player experience far too much. The weird thing is, is that there are multiplayer games out there that I’d adore to see with an offline mode that pits just yours truly against some crafty AI. I’ve got a legit reason for that however, as I actually dig getting some practice in, before applying said skills to real opponents.
And it looks like eating my veggies has finally paid off, as the upcoming Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 has some solo-ops planned.
If you can’t see the video above (possibly because it used Cena.264 codecs) it shows the Solo Play that’ll be available in the undead garden attack force sequel. Solo Ops for example will allow players to hotswap between characters on the fly, while Crazy Settings will allow for match tweaking. Options include:
- Infini-Ammo – Characters have infinite ammo without overheat.
- Speed Boost Craziness – Characters move crazy fast.
- Low Gravity – It isn’t just for the moon. The entire match will be played in low gravity.
- Simply Explode Mode – Characters explode when vanquished “simply.”
- Ridiculously Low Health – All characters have a max of one health – instant vanquishes.
- Super Crazy Knock-back Mode – Damaged characters get knocked back… really far.
I love options like this. When handled properly, they can add a whole new layer to a gameplay experience. Hell, if you ever played a LAN or two where Unreal Tournament was the game of the night with various mutators installed, you know just what I’m talking about. I’ve had Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare sitting on my PlayStation for far too long now, and it’s the kind of game which will definitely be used to knock back a few hours during the Christmas vacation.
It certainly beats having to interact with actual people, who want to do Christmas stuff. Like listen to Mariah Carey festive albums, I think. No, that sounds terrible. More video games please.
Last Updated: December 11, 2015