I already told you how awesome Civilization: Beyond Earth looked in the Gamescom presentation. Now they’ve released some pre-purchase bonuses that are based on real-world exoplanets.
Over on Steam, players can already purchase Civilization: Beyond Earth and get the following planets in the Exoplanets Map Pack:
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets.
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to the solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved.
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources.
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness.
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces.
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
I’m not usually a fan of Map Packs – they don’t really seem to add too much to gameplay for me. That said, I already plan to purchase the game, so why not grab some extra stuff while I’m at it? I like things that reward me for doing what I was planning to do anyway. Plus, this should counteract some of the tendencies to wait until a Steam sale to pick up this game. Not that there’s anything wrong with waiting for a sale, but wow I can’t wait to get my hands on this game. I’m looking forward to losing many days completely absorbed as I just do one more turn.
Last Updated: August 21, 2014