It seems even Sony’s forgotten that they rebranded the PSN to SEN, or the Sony Entertainment Network – as all their latest promotional material seems to have dropped that particular acronym. anyway, they’re happy to tell you that their PSN PLAY summer promotion (which is totally NOT a rip off Xbox Live’s summer of arcade, totally!) is back – with great games – and some great incentives to purchase them. Here’s the lineup.
The 2012 PlayStation Network PLAY lineup is:
- July 31: The Expendables 2 (PS3) – Pre-order starts July 24 – $14.99 ($11.99 for PLUS members).
- August 7: Sound Shapes (PS3/PS Vita) – Pre-order starts July 31 – $14.99 ($11.99 for PLUS members).
- August 14: Papo & Yo (PS3) – Pre-order starts August 7 -$14.99 ($11.99 for PLUS members).
- August 21: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PS3) – Pre-order starts August 14 – $14.99 ($11.99 for PLUS members).
These are US dates – and we don’t have EU (or ZA) pricing or availability yet.
Sony will add money to your PSN wallet depending on how many of the titles you end up purchasing.
- Buy any (all?) 4 PSN PLAY games to get $10
- Buy any 3 PSN PLAY games to get $6
- Buy any 2 PSN PLAY games to get $3
And to get you even more excited, here’;s a little promotional video. I’m totally in for Sound Shapes and Papa & Yo. Not so much for the manshooty other games.
Last Updated: July 11, 2012