It’s not often that one of the Humble Bundles grabs me from my restful sleep, shakes me about screaming “WAKE THE HELL UP AND BUY ME, YOU FOOL!” I can’t actually say that’s ever really happened, but if a Humble Bundle were to gain sentience, this latest Sierra one probably would.
If you grew up playing (and loving) the classic Sierra point-and-click adventures of olde, this new bundle will tickle your nostalgia bone. Offering up over $215 worth of classic (and some not so classic) Sierra games, the latest bundle is an absolute steal. What makes it especially enticing is that the Sierra games in this bundle just happened to hit Steam just this week – so if you’ve managed to avoid hitting the trigger on those you can now pick them all up for a song.
In the pay as little as you like tier, you’ll get:
- The Space Quest Collection, which bundles together Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter, Space Quest II: Vohaul’s Revenge, Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon, Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers, Space Quest V: The Next Mutation, Space Quest 6: The Final Frontier. All playable on your modern Windows PC
- Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, the FMV-creepfest point and click classics
- Police Quest Collection, which lets you be Sonny Bonds again and also
- Shiftlings, a strategic puzzle game
Beat the average ($12.58 at time of writing) and you’ll also get:
- Troika Games’ (The people who made Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines) Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, a decent cRPG.
Quantum BreakTime Shift, a First Person shooter that uses unique time-shattering mechanics
- Quest For Glory 1-5, some of the best adventure RPGS that have ever been crafted and
- Gabriel Knight 1-3
There are two more tiers, too. Paying $15 will net you:
- Roman city-builders Caesar 3 and 4
- Excellent twin-stick shooter Geometry Wars 3
- The original King’s Quest Games: King’s Quest: Quest for the Crown, King’s Quest II: Romancing the Throne, King’s Quest III: To Heir is Human, King’s Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella, King’s Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!, King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow, King’s Quest VII: The Princeless Bride.
- Velocity 2X, a game that blends betwixt top-down vertical shoot ‘em up and side-scrolling action platformer
Pay $20, and you’ll also get the newer, delightfully charming Kings Quest from The Odd Gentlemen in all its splendour. It’s an amazing bundle offering value and nostalgia. Those extra tiers are well worth it too, which is why the current average is so high.
It’s just missing the Leisure Suit Larry games – but otherwise gives you just about every Sierra game you could ask for. As per usual, you can split your payment between the bundle organisers, publisher and charity of your choice. The named charity this time is Activision’s Call of Duty Endowment, which aims to put unemployed veterans in to jobs.
Last Updated: August 31, 2016