The roster for Heroes of the Storm is getting pretty damn big, and it’s only going to keep growing. It’s actually quite scary to think where Blizzard’s MOBA will be in a year or two in terms of character count, because there are just so many franchises to draw from! The world of Warcraft is the latest source of inspiration, bringing a familiar half-orc, half-ogre to the Nexus playground. Rexxar is coming, and so is Misha!
Dustin Browder, Game Director of Heroes of the Storm , chats about the character in this new spotlight video:
Here’s a quick overview of his abilities in case you can’t watch the footage above:
- Misha, Attack; Misha, Follow (Trait) – As the name implies, Misha can be commanded to either attack or stay close.
- Spirit Swoop (Q) – Rexxar throws out his hawk in a straight line. All enemies hit take damage and are slowed for a few seconds.
- Misha, Charge! (W) – Misha dashes forward a short distance in a straight line, stunning and damaging enemies.
- Mend Pet (E) – Rexxar heals Misha for a significant portion of her total health.
- Bestial Wrath (R) – Misha is granted a massive attack buff.
- Unleash the Boars (R) – For each enemy hero in range, Rexxar releases a boar. They hunt down and hit the enemy, dealing moderate damage, as well as slow and reveal them.
With a character like this, you’d expect some level of skill required to micromanage Rexxar as well as the Bear (like, ahem, Lone Druid from Dota 2). Heroes of the Storm is made to be played with ease for everybody however, which is why Blizzard have made the whole process simple by adding in a simple attack/retreat button for Misha. It’s genius actually, though more advanced players may find it annoying that they don’t really have 100% control over Misha.
Still, the pair make a great addition to the Nexus. Expect to see Rexxar and Misha in a battleground near you fairly soon! Are you excited to go hunting with them both?
Last Updated: September 7, 2015