When’s the last time you played Rocket League? For me, it’s been many months. It’s not that I no longer love the game (quite the contrary really), it’s just that I think I’ve poured enough hours into it, and I figured that I should move on to spend my spare time digging into my huge pile of unplayed titles.
Psyonix have smelt my disappearance though it seems. They’ve just recently announced a brand new, free game mode for their sporty racer, and it looks mighty enticing…
A FREE game mode to be included with our next update in September, Rocket League Rumble is an epic battle royale-style addition that comes stacked with randomized power-ups. Whether you’re equipped with the Haymaker (which punches the ball), the Swapper (which changes your place on the field with an opponent’s), or the Tornado (you’ll just have to see it to believe it), each one of the 11 new power-ups brings an extra dimension to the classic Rocket League formula.
Holy crap, how cool does that look? Resisting the urge to get lost in Rocket League Rumble when it launches in September is going to be bloody difficult! Just look at all these rad new power ups…
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
For people like me who aren’t particularly good at rocket jumping, or driving for that matter, Rocket League Rumble is the perfect mode. The playing field will be too chaotic for true skill to shine surely?
Oh who am I kidding? Pro players will certainly find a way to synergise their existing skills with all these new power ups.
I don’t care to be honest. Rocket League Rumble sounds like it’s going to be an absolute ball (HA) for everybody, regardless of skill level!
Last Updated: August 8, 2016