It was just over a month ago that we guessed – based on the ‘strayan ratings board information – that we’d soon see a Game of the Year version of Monolith and Warner Bros. rather excellent open-world action RPG Shadow of Mordor. We just had no idea whether or not it was real, or how soon we’d be getting it. Well it’s real, and you’ll be able to buy it locally next month.
The game was originally released in September last year – and now, less than a year later, it’s being re-released, gathering – as we surmised – all of the game’s superfluous DLC, extra runes and and just about everything else released for the game. Here’s what it contains:
- Story Packs: The Lord of The Hunt and The Bright Lord
- Skins: The Dark Ranger, Captain of the Watch, Lord of the Hunt, The Bright Lord, Power of Shadow and Lithariel Skins
- Runes: Hidden Blade, Deadly Archer, Flame of Anor, Rising Storm, Orc Slayer, Defiant to the End, Elven Grace, Ascendant, One with Nature
- Missions: Guardians of the Flaming Eye, The Berserks and The Skull Crushers Warband Missions
- Challenge Modes: Test of Power, Test of Speed, Test of Wisdom, Endless Challenge, Test of the Wild, Test of the Ring, Test of Defiance Challenge Modes
- Additional Features: Photo Mode
As I said last time though, none of the extra stuff mattered, or was particularly worth buying. It was all just DLC for the sake of it. What makes it a little egregious here is that the GOTY version is being released for close to full price: R799 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and R499 for PC.
As much as I enjoyed the game, I can’t really recommend this collection – especially if you can pick up the vanilla version of the game for cheap, or second hand.
Last Updated: April 30, 2015
April 30, 2015 at 08:36
Holy goat in the hills! That header!