Wow I loved Sleeping Dogs. It was a game I only played way after release, but it was a whole bunch of fun. It reminded me of Donny Brasco, in a much more interesting and unique setting. If you still haven’t played it, now is the best time – you can grab the Definitive Edition. Just look at how gorgeous and compelling the game is now.
For those who don’t watch videos, it’s basically Sleeping Dogs as you know it, but looks way better. Also, it shows off just how cool the storyline was, and it might make you want to join the Triads. In case you have already forgotten why it’s cool, the Definitive Edition is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC and includes the following enhancements:
- Improved, higher resolution textures, improved lighting, and higher number of particle effects
- Higher detailed character models
- Volumetric fog (i.e. fog/smog/mist/steam is now present in the game world)
- Increased pedestrians and traffic density
- Rebuilt sound engine to heighten realism
- More destructible objects in hand-to-hand fighting sequences
- All 24 DLC packs have been integrated into the main game. Some of the story DLC is available from the main menu, others have been integrated into the game world itself (i.e. travel to a certain point in the city to access DLC missions / DLC outfits can now be accessed in the Night Market
More pedestrians means it will feel even more like the real Hong Kong, and I love the extras for hand-to-hand fighting sequences, too. I never got to play with the DLC, either, and I think this might have to grab this game and play again. I certainly wouldn’t mind experiencing this glorious game again.
Last Updated: October 10, 2014