BZZZZHHHHHHHH! WHAAWOOOOWWOW! If that onomatopoeia sounds familiar to you, then you’ve most likely also spent many an afternoon clutching a broomstick and pretending that you were waving around a more elegant weapon for a more civilised age. While lightsaber technology still remains massively out of reach in this lifetime, video games have more than managed to satiate that hunger for laser sword action over the last couple of years.
Can Respawn Entertainment do the same in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order? See for yourself, in the first trailer below for a game that happens be set in a galaxy far, far away…
And here’s some concept art from the panel!
More panel details:
- Takes place after Order 66
- You are a Padawan who has survived those events
- Cameron Monaghan (Gotham, Shameless) plays the lead role of Cal Kestis
- Cal must master the ways of the Force if he wants to survive
- Described as an action-melee game
- You are a Jedi on the run, with Force training and powers
- Cal will be pursued by an Inquisitor, the Second Sister
- Combat is easy to pick up, but it has a lot of depth
- Combat is “key”
- Respawn describes the action as “thoughtful combat” where you have to size up enemies
- “It’s a single-player story game,” Respawn Entertainment’s Vince Zampella said to the Star Wars Celebration crowd
- “Yeah. No multiplayer, no microtransactions …It’s a story game!”
This deserves its own slot in this article. Say hi to BD-1, whose name stands for Buddy-Droid 1 in the Respawn offices. Oh, and he happens to be voiced by Ben Burtt (Star Wars, Wall-E):
New Stormtrooper variant: The Purge Trooper. Specially trained commando unit that seeks out surviving Jedi and supports the Inquisotors in their hunt. Have also received training to fight against Jedi:
And some screens from the trailer:
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will release on November 15 for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Last Updated: April 13, 2019