eSport sponsorship in South Africa just seems to be getting better and better. Last week we told you that Logitech were looking to sponsor a local Dota 2 team for the DGC at rAge. Similarly, Syntech were also on the lookout for a great team. They’ve finally chosen their winner.
The announcement was made on the Syntech twitter account…
We would like to thank all of you for entering! I can assure you it was a very difficult decision as you were all so awesome! We received so many impressive submissions and had a blast working through the entries, but there can only be one.
Well done to XTC! They walk away with the following goodies:
- 5 x Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5” Internal Solid State Drives
- 5 x Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB (2 x 8GBG) 1866MHz DDr3 Gaming Memory Kits
- 5 x Seasonic X-Series 1050W Modular ATX12V PSUs
- 5 x Kits: T-shirts and peaks
I could easily do with some/all of those. If any members from XTC are reading this, please feel free to mail me whatever you don’t need!
Syntech considered the following before making their final decision:
- Are they an aspirational Clan?
- Will they be competitive (podium position)?
- Do they have a good following on social media etc?
- Are they actively promoting our brands?
- Will we get a return on investment?
- Did they take the time to fill out a detailed proposal?
- Was the proposal professional?
- Do they have a feasible action plan?
- Will we get excellent visibility for Syntech and our sponsors?
- Do they intend to work with us in the future?
It’s really nice to see more local companies getting involved. I only hope this is a trend that will get better with each year.