Its only been out for just over two weeks, but suffice to say, Gears of War 3 has been a smash hit with gamers worldwide. Even though its a bit on the pricy side, there’s no doubt that Epic is going to offload a whole heap of DLC with eager players, and now we have our first pack of digital content confirmed and on the way.
Here’s what you can expect to get for your 800 MS Points when the Horde Command Pack rolls around in November.
Straight from the Epic Games info page, players can expect the following Multiplayer centric additions to their Gears experience;
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funnelled choke points make this map a returning favourite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
- Command Centre – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defence.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
New weapon skins
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
It may not be any new single-player campaign content, but since everyone is playing online anyway, we doubt that the fans will complain.
Last Updated: October 5, 2011